D.C. Area Babies

Sippy cups and air pressure (travel Q)

DS mainly uses this Munchkin flip-top straw cup but sometimes it leaks from the straw as the liquid comes up even when he's not drinking from it. I assume it's the pressure or something that makes it go up sometimes which is really annoying. I'm worried this will cause a mess on the plane with the changes in air pressure... any suggestions for leak-proof straw cups? Or am I just unnecessarily worrying about this?Embarrassed
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sippy cups and air pressure (travel Q)

• You are right to worry about pressurizing-- we sprayed and entire row of the airplane when my son's cup straw pressurized. One option is to carry the water/juice/milk in a different container and then fill that cup when you're on the plane. DH has also twisted the cup lid to release the pressure (and then closing) before opening to the straw -- and did it in a plastic bag to protect our fellow travelers.

Good luck!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageLaxbugg1410:

You are right to worry about pressurizing-- we sprayed and entire row of the airplane when my son's cup straw pressurized. One option is to carry the water/juice/milk in a different container and then fill that cup when you're on the plane. DH has also twisted the cup lid to release the pressure (and then closing) before opening to the straw -- and did it in a plastic bag to protect our fellow travelers.

Good luck!

That's what I was worried about! Thanks for the tips, I think bringing the milk in another container will be the best option.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"