C-sections
Options

How long after surgery did you wear a pad over your incision?

I'm 15 days PP today and I'm still putting a Maxi Pad over my incision. Is that normal? When is it ok to stop using one? I have DermaBond not stitches/staples if that makes any difference. TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How long after surgery did you wear a pad over your incision?

• Options
    I also had DermaBond and stopped wearing a pad over my incision 3 days pp.  My doctor told me it was good to let it air out.
  • Options
    The nurse removed the dressing the next day and I never covered it back up.  The the OP said it is good to get air flow to it.  I had staples that came out the day I was discharged.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was told by my OB and nurses not to have anything covering the incision other than cotton underwear or pants. They also told me to make sure it stayed dry by running a blow dryer over it after I get out of the shower. If I were you at 2 weeks PP I would probably stop using them, your incision may heal faster.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was told not to.  I was told that the scar should not be covered up that it needed the air.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I had dermabond with my first and staples with my 2nd and I didn't cover either one of them.  Both times the bandages were taken off the following day and I was told not to put anything over them and to where cotton underwear because that's breathable.  I was told it needed to air out to heal faster.

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I never wore one at all.
  • Options
    They took mine off about 24 hours after my c-section and I/they never put anything else on it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • Options
    imagedesertlady86:
    They took mine off about 24 hours after my c-section and I/they never put anything else on it.
    Same here.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I never put a pad over my incision.  I've never heard of it and I'm an L&D nurse.  My dressing was removed the next day and nothing ever went over it again.  With dermabond, you don't need anything covering it...just leave it open.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    a day? They took the dressing off before I left the hospital and I left it bare at home. I'm confused as to why you would need one- is your incision weeping fluid? If so, I'd see a doctor about that.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

They removed my pad/dressing at 3 days PP.  I also had dermabond.  

I wound up spending 6 days in CCU and then 1.5 weeks in a step down unit due to complications.  My incision was checked by every nurse that was assigned to me, so it was checked at least 2x a day.   Despite all the issues I was having, they never put a pad or dressing on it.   In fact, a lot of them commented in surprise how good it looked.  

• Options
    Never at all. I also was never told to keep it dry or put anything on it at all. My incision has given me zero issues, looks perfect.
  • Options
    I'm Plus sized so my incision is under my belly fat. My doc had me wear a pad to keep the area dry & prevent bacteria from growing and causing an infection at the incision site. I wore a pad for 2 weeks (I got my staples out one wk after delivery & then she checked me again a week later to make sure it was healing properly). After that, I stopped wearing it. So if you aren't leaking and your OB isn't instructing otherwise, you could probably stop wearing it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't ever have bandaging for either of mine, just little tape strips.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"