2nd Trimester

cramps

So I've been having stomach cramps for the past week or so. I'm assuming it's gas, but it's freakin annoying! I haven't called the midwife yet cause I"ve been assuming it's just gas pain. Anybody else have this? What helps? any reason to call midwife?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: cramps

• Where are the cramps? I get them pretty low pretty regularly. Nothing really painful; just uncomfortable.
    Licensed Massage Therapist and First Time Mom
  • imagetkmiraglia:
    Where are the cramps? I get them pretty low pretty regularly. Nothing really painful; just uncomfortable.

They're low & they suck. I feel like I'm about to get my period!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • A certain amount of "cramping" is normal.  However, if you are worried or the pain is more than just annoying, I would call just to check in.  Chances are that it is just gas pain, but better to be safe... plus it will give you peace of mind.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Drink some really warm/almost hot water.  If it's gas, that should take care of it.  Also, make sure you're well hydrated in general.  Dehydration can cause cramping/contractions.  Like pp said, some cramping is normal as your uterus is stretching out, but if it's enough that you're concerned, I'd call just to see what they say. 
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • I have been having the same thing since last Friday. I went to the doctor this week, and he told me that it could be contractions. He said it was normal, and as long as they weren't occurring every 15 minutes, there was no reason for concern. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"