2nd Trimester

What to wear?

I am 15 weeks, 3 days and am showing just enough that my work pants don't button (been using the Be Band, which has been working fine). I am slowly beginning to run out of some options in my closet. 

Next week I am giving a presentation to senior managers. The suit I bought earlier this year (mainly pencil skirt) does not fit, but I want to dress a little nicer than my usual solid pants and knit shirt.

I'm thinking of looking for a dress this weekend, but is it too soon to look at maternity clothes? I feel like I am in an in-between stage, but also want whatever I buy to last a little while. I don't want to look strange either.  

Thoughts? 

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What to wear?

• I don't think its to soon to look at mat clothes. You will need them anyway in the future. A lot of them you can get away with when you have the smaller bump and grow into as you get bigger. They will look nice now and when you get bigger. Happy shopping
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not too soon, I switched to maternity pants around 15-16 weeks. They were more comfortable. 

• Loading the player...
  • Go ahead and look for a maternity dress now. You will thank yourself!

Most of the ones I have seen have an empire waist and stretchy fabric, so your bump will be able to grow into them, but they still look good while your bump is smaller. Put on a suit jacket and heels, and you'll look totally proffessional.

I just made the switch from suit pants (with a belly band, because mine were already too tight) to dresses at work, and it is SO much more comfortable!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageredheadscu:

Most of the ones I have seen have an empire waist and stretchy fabric, so your bump will be able to grow into them, but they still look good while your bump is smaller.

Perfect. This is exactly what I had in mind.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! 

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • I don't think it's too soon for maternity clothes if that's what fits you and is comfortable.  Another option is to look for an empire waist dress.  You can be comfortable in it, but it's not going to be too big that it would look sloppy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"