May 2011 Moms
Options

*Lisa Frank*

I was going to PM you back, then figured this would be faster.  Thanks so much for your advice!  I'm going to try a few things (stretching to 4 hours for feeding (after reading your post this morning), set wake-up time, maybe moving bedtime up a little) and see how it goes before forcing longer naps with PU/PD.  She fell asleep for her current nap on her belly - I'm hoping maybe that'll help her sleep longer.  She rolls easily, so if it helps her nap longer, I'm all for it!

Glad to hear Cece's giving you longer naps!  Thanks again!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: *Lisa Frank*

• Options
    You're welcome!! And I really think the 4-hour might have been our magic turning point. I just got word from my friend that watches her that she took another 2 hour nap this morning. WOW!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

OK, I am totally butting in here. I am trying to move my DS to a 4 hour schedule. It will work out better with his feeding schedule, so that he gets a full bottle before bed instead of two small evening bottles.

Any tips on how you did it?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Lila had issues about a month ago where she regressed to wanting to eat every two hours.  I just started moving her back by 15 minutes every day.  So, the first day, her schedule was to eat at 8, 10, 12, 2, 4, 6, 8.  The second, she ate at 8, 1015, 1230, 245, 5, 715, and 8 (bedtime).  The third day was 8, 1030, 1, 330, 6, and 8.  I continued until she was up to 3 1/2 hours between feedings.  Now she varies between 3 and 3/12 hours, but I'm going to try doing a 4 hour schedule, plus nursing to sleep.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imageamarriedbttrfli:

OK, I am totally butting in here. I am trying to move my DS to a 4 hour schedule. It will work out better with his feeding schedule, so that he gets a full bottle before bed instead of two small evening bottles.

Any tips on how you did it?

In the last couple months, she went from a strict 3 hour, to a combo 3/3.5 routine.

I just recently started adding more milk to her bottles. Over the last 2 weeks, she's gone from 6-8 oz bottles, with the 8's coming only this week.   If she woke from her nap early, I started holding her off until the middle of her "activity" (in the EASY routine.) She'd gobble it down, take her nap and then I'd repeat. Now, she's back on EASY because her naps are extended.  Today, she ate at 6:45 and 10:45 so far.

I just googled Hogg 4hr. 4 month and found this:

https://noobmommy.com/2008/12/easy-for-4-9-months.html

I was looking at my "notes", and I was EBF'ing my DS and he moved to a 4 hour at 5ish months too.  So, it's possible either way. (and if you are wondering why I have "notes" I had hired a nanny and kept all of the books for his daily activities while she watched him. Nifty!!)

In Hogg's book "The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems" she lays out some techniques as well.

• Options

DS has been finishing his 6oz bottles, so the last few days I upped some of his bottles to 7oz. Yesterday he finished 3 7oz bottles so I gave him 8oz this morning and he finished it. Unfortunately he was woken up from his nap early since people are doing work on the house. I wonder how long he would have napped if they didn't wake him up. He napped great yesterday - a 2.5 hour nap in the morning and 2 hour in the afternoon with a 20 min cat nap in the middle. This was all in the swing though. I am taking a break from crib napping.I think I am going to go back to starting the nap in the crib in a couple weeks and then moving to the swing to finish. How did you wean that when you were ready? I really want him to be napping well in the crib before starting daycare in 6 weeks. 

• Options
    Also, are you giving any solids yet or just bottles?
  • Options
    imageamarriedbttrfli:

DS has been finishing his 6oz bottles, so the last few days I upped some of his bottles to 7oz. Yesterday he finished 3 7oz bottles so I gave him 8oz this morning and he finished it. Unfortunately he was woken up from his nap early since people are doing work on the house. I wonder how long he would have napped if they didn't wake him up. He napped great yesterday - a 2.5 hour nap in the morning and 2 hour in the afternoon with a 20 min cat nap in the middle. This was all in the swing though. I am taking a break from crib napping.I think I am going to go back to starting the nap in the crib in a couple weeks and then moving to the swing to finish. How did you wean that when you were ready? I really want him to be napping well in the crib before starting daycare in 6 weeks. 

She started to lose interest, and she stopped finishing naps in the swing. She'd just talk, or get more woken up it seemed. So, I stopped using it so much.  I started just getting her up at the 45 and dealing w/ it and then occasionally moving her to the swing if needed. My Mom watches her on Mondays and tries the swing all the time and the last few Monday's it's been a total fail. This past one, especially!! 

• Options

imageamarriedbttrfli:
    Also, are you giving any solids yet or just bottles?

No solids yet. I'm probably going to start in the next few weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"