2nd Trimester

To take Tylenol PM or not

I have been sleeping for only 4 hours a night (I understand some people get less sleep than 4 hours of sleep a night) and would love to sleep at least 7 hours a night. I work a full time job and need my rest. My question is should I take Tylenol PM or should I just be satisfied with my 4 hours and not take any medication?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: To take Tylenol PM or not

• My OB said it completly fine to take.

I only take it though when I have a headache, not to sleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Take it, it's awesome.  I wake in the same position I fell asleep in and I'm totally relaxed.  I do tend to have weird dreams, but the memory fades away by the time I get to work. 

I've taken it about 3-4 times.  My physician said it was ok and after a week of insomnia and spending and entire Sat night baking and cleaning because I was AWAKE!!!! I gave in.  

I would try taking one at first and then add the other if you need it.  I also try not to take them on successive nights.  Don't know why,it just makes me feel better.   

• Loading the player...
  • It's on my OK list. I wouldn't take it more than once or twice a week, try to catch up on weekends with naps if you can.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My OB said it's fine although I wouldn't take it every single night.
  • I think the sleeping agent in Tylenol PM is really just benadryl. So if you're not having pain, you could just take benadryl. I think too much acetometaphine is bad for your liver or kidneys or something, but that's probably if you used it on an extended basis.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Take it.  The medicine that makes you drowsy is the same as the active ingredient in Benadryl which is also on the safe list.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i take it regularly (3-4 nights a week) due to not being able to sleep because of being pregnant and then I still have back and shoulder problems from a major car accident a little over a year ago. My Dr. said that it's totally fine to take and that he recommends it for people who suffer from heartburn and can't sleep.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I take it once in a while, and like PP I get weird dreams sometimes too.  But it's well worth a restful sleep!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I take it about once a week. It's amazing.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker peri-partum cardio myopathy survivor
  • Tylenol PM is just Tylenol plus Benedryl, so unless you need pain relief you should just take the Benedryl.

My OB has me taking Benedryl every night for allergies.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm sure it's perfectly fine to take -- but I personally would not.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have taken it twice this week, but honestly mostly for pain and to get a good night sleep. We are moving on sat and I have been packing all week (by myself since hubby works) and I have been aching pretty bad. They are a godsend.

Last night I took a hot shower to relax my muscles and took only 1 pill and I slept like a baby last night. Thank god DS has been sleeping all night this entire week. Few weeks back we had problems with him waking up at 4 and 5 am. 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    By lilenatalem at 2012-01-28 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"