Infertility Veterans

WTF (long)...

Initially after my ER, my RE stated that my lonely egg retrieved was not mature.  After he reviewed the embryologist's notes, my egg was found to be dead.  He has no explanation of why this happened, but he still feels that since I am young I can still get pregnant with my own eggs.  

We discussed out past protocols.  I asked if he felt that Agonist/antagonist/EPP protocol was a better protocol for me because it yielded a good quality embryo.  He was not sure if it was a better protocol, because my second attempt at ivf I did not respond at all.  I flat out said told him that I thought I didn't respond, because my stimulants were decreased.   And I confessed I never felt good about the lower dose of stimulants.  In his opinion making two eggs is not much better than not responding at all, and lowering the dose may or may not have played a role in how I responded. 

Dh asked about revisiting the first protocol, and possibly being more aggressive with the stimulants, and Dr. F said that was reasonable and would consider this as an option. 

We also discussed using Donor egg.  Of course my chances of getting knocked up are much higher than trying with my OE's.  He does not recommend using a known donor, such as my sister because it can get awkward at family get-togethers.  He would suggest using an anonymous donor.  I get where he is coming from, but I feel that is will only be awkward if you make it awkward! 

DH really would like to cycle with my OE's again since we have one cycle left in the plan that we purchased at SIRM, and if it doesn't work we can cycle using donor eggs from my sister next summer in Salt Lake.   Personally I think it is a huge waste of our time and money to attempt cycling with my eggs.  I feel so lost right now.  

What we have decided is to take a break from cycling until the new year and revisit IVF at that time.  I need a little time to recover from this emotionally.  

::: Married June 2003:::
TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
IVF# 4= c/p
***CCRM ODWU***
Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
***New RE***
DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
imageimage image 

Re: WTF (long)...

• Hugs.  I'm so sorry you have to deal with this.  Take however much time you need.  Hopefully, in time you and dh will reach an agreement you are both happy with.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • ((HUGE HUGS))  I disagree with your RE.  Making 2 eggs is much better than no response.  If you have even one good egg there is a chance.

Definitely take all the time you need.  IVF does take its toll (physically and emotionally).  When you have recovered from this past cycle, hopefully you and YH agree on how you want to move forward.  Thinking of you, hon.

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry you are dealing with this.  I hope you can come to a decision that both you and your husband are comfortable with.  Good Luck and HUGS.

After 1 IUI, 3 IVF's with CGH/CCS testing, 10 early miscarriages, and lots of tears and frustration, we are moving on to Domestic Infant Adoption!  We are so excited to see what the future holds.

• mm, I'm so sorry you have to deal with this.  I definitely understand your need to take time to recover emotionally.  My RE said that even if we don't make alot of eggs, our eggs are still young so there is a chance with your own eggs still.  A donor egg from your sister is a nice option too.  I am thinking of you and hoping for the best when you decide to start up again.

TTC Since 10/08 4 IUIs=BFNx4
    IVF#1=BFP!! Twins!!
    Bradley and Billy born and lost on 2/2/11 at 19w2d due to pPROM/PTL. I miss you, little angels.
    IVF#2=BFN
    IVF#3=c/p IVF#4=Empty Follicle Syndrome; 1 mature, fertilized, & made it to blast. 5dt of "the lone ranger" on 9/6. Please stick, little one! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageSTL34:

((HUGE HUGS))  I disagree with your RE.  Making 2 eggs is much better than no response.  If you have even one good egg there is a chance.

Definitely take all the time you need.  IVF does take its toll (physically and emotionally).  When you have recovered from this past cycle, hopefully you and YH agree on how you want to move forward.  Thinking of you, hon.

I disagree with him as well, which is why we asked to revisit the first protocol if we decided to cycle with my OE again.
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 

imageimage image 
  • I'm overwhelmed for you, glad you're taking a little break to clear your head.  Happy you're coming with me to yoga tonight, yay!!
  • imagebear:
    I'm overwhelmed for you, glad you're taking a little break to clear your head.  Happy you're coming with me to yoga tonight, yay!!
    I'm excited too!
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    ***New RE***

imageimage image 
  • I am so sorry you are going through this. My sister offered me her eggs if I ever needed them and we even more seriously discussed using BIL's sperm.

I disagree with your RE and am very surprised that he gave his own personal opinion on this matter! It is such a personal decision.

I think a break is exactly what you need.. Every time we had a failed cycle, I was less and less convinced that I would ever be able to go back...but eventually you do feel ready.

T&P's are with you!!

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• I'm so sorry. This is a huge decision for you. Definatley give yourself time to clear your head and recover from this.   I'm sure a plan you will be comfortable with will come to you.

Good luck, and huge hugs.

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Just wanted to say that sometimes a break can really help to put perspective on things and figure out next steps.  Hoping you and your DH can come to a decision that feels right for both of you.  Good luck hun!

***SAIF & PAIF Welcome***

TTC since November 2008; me - poor egg quality,hypothyroidism,missing beta 3 integrin;
    DH - some MFI;

1 month clomid plus timing - BFN;
    3 months clomid + IUI - BFN BFN BFN

IVF #1 Nov/Dec 2009 - BFP - c/p;
    IVF #2.1 Jan 2011 - Converted to IUI - BFN;
    IVF #2.2 March/April 2011 - ER 3/23/11: 12 retrieved, 8 mature, 3 fert-ET 3dt 3/26/11: 3 embies - BFN;
    IVF #3 May 2011 - ER 5/19/11: 20 retrieved, 10 mature, 9 fert-ET 5dt 5/24/11 3 embies - BFN;
    Switched RE's for IVF #4 (CCRM) Oct 2011 - Surprise BFP before starting IVF #4!
  • I'm so sorry.  Huge Hugs and Good Luck with your decision. 

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• ((hugs)) I'm so sorry you're facing those difficult decisions.
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageKDR1979:

I am so sorry you are going through this. My sister offered me her eggs if I ever needed them and we even more seriously discussed using BIL's sperm.

I disagree with your RE and am very surprised that he gave his own personal opinion on this matter! It is such a personal decision.

I think a break is exactly what you need.. Every time we had a failed cycle, I was less and less convinced that I would ever be able to go back...but eventually you do feel ready.

T&P's are with you!!

THIS exactly.  I'm sorry that you have to go through this.  ::HUGS::

TTC since 3/07. IVF#1 = canceled. IVF#2 = 0% fertilization. IVF#3 = BFN. IVF#4 = c/p.  
    Moving forward with Adoption 2017!
  • Hugs, i'm so sorry.  I totally see ur points....maybe ur DH just needs to warm to DE, if ur thinking that's better for u.

A break can be a great thing too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ((HUGS))

GL with your next cycle!

I wish this were easier for all of us.

<3

theworms

S/PAIFW
    Tara & Dave - TTC since September 2006
    PCOS - dx 1999 (amenorrhea) | freakishly long fallopian tubes
    Hypoglycemic | thyroid issues | severely anemic
    Multiple Clomid cycles of 50, 100, 150 - absolutely no response
    Follistim 50/100 | Follistim 75/125 | Follistim 100/150 IUI - all BFNs
    Converted IVF - BFP - m/c | FET - BFN | IVF #2 = BFN
    IVF #3
  • I'm sorry.  Definitely take some time.  Sometimes a break helps quite a bit.  From my personal experience switching protocols can make a huge difference.  My first IVF I was on BCP and Microdose Lupron with stims.  It went on for 18 days.  My RE felt this was the most aggressive protocol and when I only produced two follicles (with very low levels that lead them to think those two follicles weren't even good) and didn't make it to ER, everyone gave up hope.  My second protocol was a last ditch effort.  I was changed to EPP, ganerelix and the same stims.  This time I produced five follicles and 8 eggs were retrieved at ER.  A different protocol and a different cycle can definitely make a difference.  Although, I get the DE talk every time I go,   I'm just not ready for that step.  We are trying again with my own eggs.  Have you thought about getting a second opinion?  Your RE doesn't sound supportive or like he is taking your feeling into consideration.  Hang in there and best of luck to you.
  • Honey,I'm so sorry. I'm right there with you. A break sounds like a great idea. I know you feel lost...things tend to look a little clearer when the hormones calm down and when you take a step back. It's so hard but you'll get through it and we are here for you (((hugs)))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"