January 2011 Moms

If breast is best...

why the he!! is my kid sick!?!

Ok, I guess I should add that this is a bit tongue in cheek (did I use that phrase correctly? I saw it on another board and have been dying to use it. I have used formula in the past when he was first born and would absolutely use it again if I had to.)

Now with that being said, he has a freaking ear infection. Was up all night and I just thought it was his teeth. But then the buggers (how is that spelt anyway??), and runny nose, coughing, sneezing, on top of my having an infection of my own drew me to the doctors today for JT. And as if that weren't bad enough, she said he is actually getting 4 teeth in right now - 2 on top AND 2 on bottom. 1 on bottom did break through weekend before last but I feel so bad. And can't help but want to throw pies at the people who write breast fed kids don't get sick. ALL KIDS GET SICK. AND It's not my fault. (ok, maybe a little cause I am sick after all, but you get it!) 

Re: If breast is best...

• :( I'm so sorry you and JT are both sick. That is awful. Hope you both get feeling better quickly.

Breastfeeding doesn't guarantee your kid will never get sick, obviously, and I'm starting to get really worried about this winter/flu season. It's really the "first" winter and cold season for our little ones to go through since they were so tiny last winter. In my experience the first cold season is killer on LOs while they build up immunities. At least your breastfed kid has YOUR immunities. I've got staying home going for me, but otherwise I think it's going to be a rough next few months. :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I believe it is boogers.  Stick out tongue

I hope he feels better soon!

• Loading the player...
  • I have heard some moms putting BM in infected baby ears to clear it up, so you may have something there!

My personal panacea of choice is honey, so Jan 11ers are still too little. So, time and more fluids (LIKE BM OMG!).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebroccolitree:

I have heard some moms putting BM in infected baby ears to clear it up, so you may have something there!

My personal panacea of choice is honey, so Jan 11ers are still too little. So, time and more fluids (LIKE BM OMG!).

My sister puts BM on her kids' scrapes, in their eyes when they had pink eye, and has told me she'd try it on an ear infection... this is all okayed by their doc, so if you feel comfortable... go for it. What can it hurt?

• I totally forgot about BM in the ears!! I will totally do that. (No Mommabear, not bowel movement! LOL)

I also forgot about vick's on the feet and I think that helped a bit last night too.

And Bethyla - boogers - lol...duh!! It's the head congestion, I swear! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"