Multiples

When did you find out the Gender??

I saw my MFM for the first time a week ago, and I go back in three weeks for another u/s..When I go back I will be 15 weeks and 2 days..before I left his office last time, he told me that if the babies will cooperate that he should be able to tell me the genders...

I was just wondering if anyone else was told the genders this early?  Also, if you were, were they accurate???

I'm pretty excited to find out if I'm having boys or girls...but don't want to get my hopes up too much, knowing there might be a chance that we wont find out.  

I am a mommy to three beautiful little girls.
A wife to the most amazing man I know.
&
A photographer who loves capturing memories.

photo bb0d092d-76d4-47df-b605-0d7ebb7f651e_zps09fe7fe8.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
photo 1e0391cb-9fea-4337-9c0c-80e7c0db3a81_zps676dc012.jpg

photo c76b3aab-45eb-406a-b284-00eca8991942_zps72f9f14b.jpg

Re: When did you find out the Gender??

• I didn't find out until my anatomy scan which was around 18 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I found out at 16 weeks!
  • Loading the player...
  • We found out the gender at the same time we found out we were having twins @ 18 weeks, although we requested not to be told right away since we were going to be Team Green with only one baby :)
  • I'll find out on Oct 13th at my 19 week anatomy scan.  My OB could have 'tried' to determine gender at my 15 week scan but I was concerned about accuracy so decided to just wait until the a/s.  Its hard waiting but it will be worth it!
  • I found out at 20 weeks - it's when my anatomy scan was scheduled. They didn't even speculate at earlier ultrasounds.
  • We found out Baby A at the 16 week u/s but Baby B didn't want to cooperate. We confirmed A and found out B at our 20 week u/s.
  • I didn't find out until my 20w anatomy scan. I had an u/s at 18w in the ER (bleeding) and they refused to tell me the genders as they didn't want to be wrong?! My hospital was strict about waiting until 20w, whatever!!

That being said, several ladies on here found out at the 12w NT scan and were right. A friend of mine in a diff state (with a singleton) found out at her 12w NT scan and it was also right.

Spontaneous ID Twin Girls - born 38w 2d Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I found out at 16 weeks.
  • I didn't find out until 18 weeks at my a/s.
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 18 weeks at A/S. They would not even guess before then.
  • See my ob said she wont even do it until 20-22 weeks...but the mfm who has much better equipment and apparently in my area is very well known for early gender predictions said that he shouldn't have a problem finding out the genders when I go back in three weeks..which is just 15+2 weeks. 
    I am a mommy to three beautiful little girls.
    A wife to the most amazing man I know.
    &
    A photographer who loves capturing memories.

photo bb0d092d-76d4-47df-b605-0d7ebb7f651e_zps09fe7fe8.jpg

photo 1e0391cb-9fea-4337-9c0c-80e7c0db3a81_zps676dc012.jpg

photo c76b3aab-45eb-406a-b284-00eca8991942_zps72f9f14b.jpg
  • Unfortunately at 16 weeks mine were very conservative and would not show me their business and I didnt find out what they were until 18 weeks.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My MFM guessed at our NT scan at 12 weeks. She was 90% sure baby B was a girl and only 50% sure Baby A was a boy.

It was confirmed at 16 weeks that we were having two girls. It was quite clear to me.

• 12 weeks and 2 days they "guessed" at my NT scan, and it was confirmed they were correct at 16 week u/s.  I think it my be a little easier to take a guess earlier if they are boys b/c of their anatomy.

GL!

• We knew baby A at 16w. baby B was a little shy and wasn't for sure until 20w. Then he totally showed off the goods.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • anatomy scan at 17 wks.
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • The ultrasound tech took a guess that we had at least one boy at week 15, she confirmed that we had one boy and one girl at week 18. We didn't tell anyone until we had confirmation though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We also found out at 15w and change and it has stayed the same since then.  Hope they cooperate.  GL!
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

• We got an educated guess at our 12 week scan, and it ended up being correct. I waited to have it confirmed at our 20 week before I started shopping :)
  • At my a/s 17w6d.  I had an u/s at 14 weeks and my OB wouldn't even try to look or guess.
  • I had an u/s at 15 weeks and they guessed girls. It was confirmed when I had an a/s at 19 weeks.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers]
  • 20 weeks for us!

Spontaneous Di/Di twin boys born at 34 weeks on 02/21/2011
    Baby #3 due January 2016
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I found out at my 15 week U/S. The tech was 99% sure on my boy and 80% sure on my girl. It was confirmed at our next U/S at around 20 weeks.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 008
  • imagekmb585:

12 weeks and 2 days they "guessed" at my NT scan, and it was confirmed they were correct at 16 week u/s.

This, exactly.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers twins born at 36 wks Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We found out DS at 16 weeks at a cervical length check. It was my favorite tech and she was willing to look for us.  DD (Baby B) was uncooperative but the tech guessed girl.  It was confirmed at our anatomy scan at 18 weeks. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"