TTC after 35

Anyone doing an IVF cycle in Oct?

Quick background: we were ttc #2 and found that I had some cysts on my ovaries.  Laparscopy turned into major surgery which revealed several cysts, Stage 3 Endometriosis, and I lost my right tube.  HSG found my remaining tube partially blocked/damaged due to the Endo, so we are starting our first IVF cycle around 10/17.  I'm excited and scared to death at the same time. Would love a cycle buddy!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone doing an IVF cycle in Oct?

• I am doing IVF #2 in October but my ER will probably be just about the time you start stims.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• I am going to start stimming around 10/15, so we should be fairly close in our cycles. Let's buddy up!

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Loading the player...
  • imageamandaleigh1:
    I am going to start stimming around 10/15, so we should be fairly close in our cycles. Let's buddy up!

Yes, definitely!!

• Me!  Party!!!  Can I join the support group?

I just started BCPs tonight.  Supposed to start stimming around 10/15 also!

• I'm much closer to McIrish, hoping that ER will be around when you all are starting stims.  What I hope is that are cycles are successful to give everyone hope that this can all be worthwhile in the endBig Smile  We will likely be close to Beta when everyone else triggers.  I love it when alot of people are cycling.....makes me feel so not alone.
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Me too! Me too!  
    Love that we  we have a big group of this month going through things together.

I should be stimming the same time as happywife and McIrish.

TTC since 3/2010. Me 41, DH-49. After 3 years, 6 IUIs and several IVFs we have finally have our beautiful baby girl, born on 11/7/13.

• Awesome! I'm glad we can go through this together!

Is anyone doing acupuncture?  I started this week and I LOVE it.  I am going today at lunch, and I can't wait.

• I haven't started accupuncture but a friend is pushing for it (because she had 3 natural pregnancies with FSH of 20 after failed IUIs) and I would like to.  I am totally OOP so finances are a concern, but it seems worth it to me.

What's your plan for it - how many days a week and when did they recommend you start, etc.?  Any info is helpful.  :)

• Looks like October will be a big IVF month for this board!

Had us and bw today and it looks like I'll be on BCPs for another week (stupid remnants of a cyst). I'm tentatively scheduled to start stimming 10/6.

TTC since 11/09
    me: 39 DH: 36  
    dx: unexplained (ugh) 

January 2011 - December 2012: 4 cycles w/Clomid; 9 IUIs w/Follistim & Menopur;  two IVF cycles converted to IUI (poor response/dominant follicle) 

August 2014 IVF (antagonist protocol: Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, dexamethasone): 13 eggs, 9 mature, 8 fertilized w/ICSI; 0 frozen, 3 transferred day 5 = BFN

October 2014 IVF (micro-lupron protocol: mircrolupron, Menopur, Follistim, dexamethasone): 8 eggs, 4 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI; 3 transferred day 3 = BFP! Beta 1=121; Beta 2=287; Beta 3 =678. Miscarriage @ 8w2d. :(
  • imageXV11Star:

I haven't started accupuncture but a friend is pushing for it (because she had 3 natural pregnancies with FSH of 20 after failed IUIs) and I would like to.  I am totally OOP so finances are a concern, but it seems worth it to me.

What's your plan for it - how many days a week and when did they recommend you start, etc.?  Any info is helpful.  :)

I really thought going in I could only afford to do once a week.  She did my consult, my first acupuncture session and wrote up a treatment plan.  The plan includes sessions twice a week, and immediately before and after the transfer.  After that, once a week.  She offers a discount if you buy a package (like 20% which was huge). The sessions worked out to be $68 each, and she is letting me pay in 3 installments.  

I went back and forth about it, and now that I have done two sessions, I can't imagine not doing it.  It is seriously amazing. I was so stressed/anxious when I went in this afternoon, and I feel so relaxed and calm now.  So between that, and reading the stats on how much it can help with IVF, I'm totally sold.  I figure if I'm going to do this, let's do everything possible to help make it successful on the first try!

GL on your decision, I can't recommend it enough!

• I've been doing accupuncture.....but have chosen to stay away from the herbs for now.
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • imagehappywifemomofone:
    I've been doing accupuncture.....but have chosen to stay away from the herbs for now.

Agreed.  My RE doesn't want me doing the herbs so it doesn't interfere with the IVF meds.  I think the acupuncture alone will do wonders.

• I am also starting my cycle on Oct. 9 but we are using a known donor for this cycle we are looking for her ER the week of 10/31 and transfer the following week.  We are very excited about our chances and am looking forward to getting this month going.

Wishing everyone that is also cycling this month the best of luck!

• I was doing acu and herbs prior to starting the IVF process... I was hopeful it would get me my BFP, but it did not after several months. So, now that I am starting IVF, and in a clinical trial to boot, so I am not sure how much I can do or can afford to do with my time while working (and actually wrapping up one job before heading to another). I would love to keep going in for needles-- but it takes a lot of time out of my day, and I am already spending a lot of time a the RE for this cycle.

I may ask if it is okay with the trial if I do the acu, but I am not hopeful of really having the time to do it.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• I also am planning my first IVF cycle this month.  Tomorrow will be day 3 bloodwork and U/S after EPP and P4 support in last months luteal phase.  I was going to do it in September, but has too many stressors, so opted to try this month instead.  This is my 3rd RE.  Got pregnant in October 2010 with 1st RE (on Clomid Challenge/IUI) but had missed Ab @ 9wk2d due to Turner's Syndrome.  FSH was 7.7 that cycle.  Changes RE's due to office moving.  Did 5 IUI's (2 with injectables & others natural) from 02/11 - 06/11, all BFN.  FSH last month (09/11) went up to 14, but ovulated 2 eggs on my own.  I did that in 08/11.  According to new RE, that's pretty common in women over 40, so I am hoping I will respond well to the EPP/minimal stimulation with Dr. Check this month.  He's a real sweetheart & the gut to go to for women over 40/High FSH.

I've been doing accupuncture since 08/10 & stopped in 08/11 until last week.  My FSH rose when I stopped the accupuncture, also doing Reiki.  Taking TCM herbs since 01/11, with multiple vitamins and wheatgrass.  I am hoping my egg quality has improved!!

Me - 42, DH - 44

TTC - 14 months

Natural BFP - 02/02, DD

Clomid/IUI # 1 - BFP, missed Ab 9 wks due to Turner's Syndrome 

5 IUI's (2 with injectables/natural) - all BFN

IVF # 1 - EPP/minimal stim - next week!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"