High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Scheduled c-section due to Crohn's-ADVICE PLEASE!

So my hubby and I are expecting out first baby boy (Landon James) on christmas eve. My GI doctor and OB decided that the safest delivery method for me will be via c-section due to my history of crohn's disease. I have remained on my crohn's medication cimzia since getting pregnant and they have been tracking Landon's growth since the start of my pregnancy with monthly ultrasounds. He has been progressing beautifully and is as healthy as ever :) So blessed! I am so nervous about the c-section itself because I am having a hard time not having "the experience and magic of a natural delivery." Anyone have good advice about c-section in general, the recovery, the lack of the "experience"?

Danielle

Re: Scheduled c-section due to Crohn's-ADVICE PLEASE!

• Options
    I had a scheduled c-section with my DS.  I had GD.  I had a few weeks while I was pregnant when I grieved the idea that I wasn't getting the birth I wanted, but honestly, when it was all over I had something so much better, a healthy baby.  I never did a vaginal delivery and I probably never will, but how my son was born didn't detract at all from the magic of the day and getting to meet the little person you've felt grown for 9 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had a c/s (unscheduled) with my first and will have another with my second.  I don't feel as if I missed out on anything.  Then again, I had a very short virth plan:

Have the baby using the method through which everyone will end up at the other side happy and healthy. 

So, while I anticipated a vaginal delivery, I really didn't care either way.  At the end of the day, no matter how you give birth you are a Mom.  If you have a vaginal delivery, you are strong as you need to push the little one out.  If you have a c/s, you are strong as you need to endure a surgery and recovery.  No matter what happens you are a strong woman.

I personally didn't have a tough time recovering.  I made myself get out of bed that afternoon and start moving around.  I intend to do the same this time.  It really wasn't that bad of an experience.  And most importantly, I had my beautiful son.

I wish you the best!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"