Washington Babies
Options

Halloween?

We're just moving to Seattle in the next little while and I realized we haven't even thought of Halloween!What do you do with your little ones on Halloween? Neighborhood door to door? Some where else for trick or treating? No trick or treating, at all?What's done n your area?

Re: Halloween?

• Options
    I guess it really depends on where you live. My neighborhood in lynnwood doesn't do anything. I ended up taking my LO down to the university village to mingle last year. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are north of Seattle and get tons of kids knocking on our door. I think it all depends on where you live also
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're on the Eastside - Somerset.So, tons of kids but we have no idea what to expect.
  • Options

Some workplaces do trick-or-treating for children. I know Microsoft and Amazon do (I've worked for both companies) and it's fun and SAFE for the children. I'm sure the other big Seattle companies do something - Starbucks, Google, Boeing - but I don't know for sure. If you're in a neighborhood where there is a school close by, chances are children will be out. With Halloween being a Monday this year, I would imagine they won't be out too late - maybe 9ish?

We are moving into a house on Saturday (out of an apartment) and I am SO excited to have children trick-or-treating. Hopefully my belly isn't too big yet so I can fit into my costume from last year. If not, I'll have to wear the M&M costume from a few years ago.

Best Wishes!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We are in the north end, and get lots of T or T'ers.  Can you ask a neighbor if you get kids or what they usually do?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm in Mukilteo and we haven't had any T-or-T'ers in the 2 years we've been here, but we're on a somewhat busy street and not really in a neighborhood.

It's so different here than what I grew up doing in the Chicago burbs (and still done there).  There are set times: starts at 3pm, ends at dusk.  No T-or-T-ing after dark. Here, it seems to vary much more.

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options
    Where did you move from? I don't like taking my kiddos out in crappy weather, and my sister was four before I took her out in my parents neighborhood. Indoor, day time fun stuff - that's what I think works for little, little ones. That way, no bad weather can ruin it. Plus I have a huge fear of losing my kid in a crowd of trick-or-treaters or her dashing out into the street.
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"