May 2011 Moms
Options

Bed question for toddler and older Moms

Did you convert your crib to a toddler bed? Does that work well or do they quickly grow out of it and are ready for a twin/full bed? Also, do you use top sheets on your toddler bed?

May seem like silly questions but we're getting a new bedding set for our older one (long story) and I want it to work for the next stage too, not just for the crib. Since I'm going to use Etsy I can custom order the pieces but I'm a little lost on what I need.

Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bed question for toddler and older Moms

• Options
    DS #1 went from a crib to a full size bed with rails.  He was outgrowing the crib and the toddler bed was bascially the crib without the front rail piece.  He did fine with the transition.  The one day we actually had the toddler bed set up, he left it and went to the guest room with the full size bed a fell asleep there. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We skipped the toddler bed completely and moved him to a twin with rails, we didn't have any issues moving to the bigger bed at all. 
    Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We converted Ds's crib to a toddler bed since we already had it.  He is 36.5" tall and not even close to outgrowing the toddler bed.  I have a top twin sheet on there, but it is huge and I have to tuck it under.   He has slept in a bed with rails and did great, but I'm just going to wait, since this is working for now.

If you want to buy a bedding set that is going to work for several years, I would just got straight to a twin bed with rails. 

image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11
  • Options

We went right from crib to full size bed and have never used rails.  He likes it and I like that I can lay down with him if I'm super tired and he wakes up at night; that way he's not coming into our bed.

ETA: We do use a top sheet and a quilt plus a blanket when it gets really cold here (MN).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We went from crib to twin bed.  We did it in stages (more for us than for DD).  We put crib mattress on floor for a couple weeks (every once & awhile she would end up on the floor).  Then we used a twin mattress on the floor - no more 'falling off' then up to a bed with no rails.  It's been great - no falls.  (We started this right at her 2nd birthday).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My crib doesn't convert.  So, we went right from crib to a single bed with rails when he was a little over 2.  He was content in his crib, and not crawling out of it so I saw no need to rush to the bigger bed.  I think we moved him after the 1st of the year, so, a few months after his 2nd birthday. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"