Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Newborn doesnt cry much

My 10 Day old baby eats and sleeps and is slowly having more alert time. I told my mom he rarely cries only when we change him or he's wet or hungry. But not alot. She made comments saying shouldn't he be more vocal and now I'm worried. He's bee. Seen by the Pedi and be says he looks great. Anyone else have A quiet newborn? Fwiw he was born at 37.5 weeks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Newborn doesnt cry much

• Options

My baby has only ever cried hard once in his life, when he got his Hep B vaccination at his 1 month well visit.  He sort of squawks when he's hungry, and other than that the only sounds he makes are grunts, groans and more recently coos.

He's hitting milestones just fine, and the ped said he is completely normal and that some people are just lucky and have chilled out babies.  Enjoy it and don't waste your good fortune by worrying about it! 

DS1 born 08.02.11

DS2 born 12.05.13

• Options

DS was born at 41 weeks and was quiet as a mouse until 1 month old.  I used to think how lucky am I?  My baby doesn't cry.

Yeah, that all changed...he's not colicky or anything like that...but he definitely lets us know if one of his needs isn't being met...LOUDLY.

GL!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You are meeting all of your babies needs so no need for baby 2 cry...hope this helps 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker="httimage
  • Options
    I say enjoy it. If your pedi is not concerned I would not be concerned at this point.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I wouldn't worry about it. At 10 days your baby is still sleepy from the whole birthing process. 

Both of my girls were/are pretty quiet newborns. DD2 only fusses when she's hungry or uncomfortable, and rarely escalates to a full out cry. DD1 was the same way and started to become more vocal as she started to be awake for longer stretches. Now she's 19 months and has a slightly above average vocabulary and never stops talking, so I don't think being quiet those first few weeks was detrimental to her at all ;) 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Count your blessings and move on. If he doesn't cry much you're doing everything right and you have a blissed out baby...
  • Options
    I say enjoy it! Especially if pedi isn't concerned. I made the mistake of saying things like this out loud and it alllll changed in the last few days! lol.  So be happy and thankful :)
  • Options
    My daughter hardly cried at all when we first brought her home and she started sleeping through the night really quickly. Thats awesome, appreciate it. I am worried that baby number 2 might not be such a GREAT baby.

• Options
    My now-7-week-old has always been quiet, with the exception of being hungry. Even then, he only fusses a little. Has an occasional meltdown when he's waking up hungry and cries, but he's always been calm. Don't worry about him not crying--it's not a bad deal!
  • Options
    Every child is different.  My baby brother was a very quiet, easy going baby.  He would barely make a peep even when hungry.  He grew up completely healthy, reached all his development milestones on time, and is now in college.  So, don't worry!
    Married 5-24-2008;
    BFP 4-19-11. Ezri Ana born on due date, Dec 30 2011!
    My Ovulation Chart 
    BFP 10-05-2014; MMC 11-15-2014.
    BFP 02-17-2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS1 was like that. He hardly ever cried and was such an easy newborn.
    Logan - 11/09, Lander 08/11, Baby #3 ~It's a girl!!~ EDD: 04/10/14

• Options
    You ladies seem lucky.  I wish LO wouldn't cry so much.  She cry when she is hungry, tired, needs to be changed or isn't held for a long time.  At the pedi yesterday she was wailing so loudly that the doctor hoisted her on her tummy over his forearm and walked around with her to quiet her up so that he could speak with me.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"