Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

How long did your infant carseat last?

My little guy is 5 weeks, and 10lbs (6lb 15oz at birth!). I am thinking about getting a carseat adapter for my City Mini, (for power walking mostly) but not sure if its worth it-he's growing so fast! We have a SNG, but it's not great outside. Thanks Mommies!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: How long did your infant carseat last?

• Options
    ours is 30lbs or 30inches and we're still using it. DS is 16.5lbs and 26.5 inches
  • Options

our LO was 7lbs 7ozs and 21.5 inches at birth. He is still in his infant carrier but not by much - 18lbs 5ozs and 28" (limit is 32")

We have a snap'n'go and a city mini as well. We put him in it starting at about 7.5 weeks when we went on a trip for his Baptism with no issue. We use them both as the SNG is easier for shopping and the CM is better for walks and being out for awhile.

We never got the adapter.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've got a Graco Safeseat, so the max is 30 lb / 32 inches. He's nowhere near either. He'll be fine in a regular stroller before he outgrows the infant seat (and I'll be leaving it in the car full time well before he outgrows it).
  • Options

We got the adapter for our city mini & used it a few times, but we usually just have it off and loose in our trunk so incase she's asleep in her carseat and we dont want to disturb her she can stap into the stroller in her seat. But usually (7 or 8 times out of 10) she's just sitting in her stroller.

It's convinent to have the bar, but not necessary by any means! If you have the $60 to spare I say get it.

• Options
    as soon as he's got good head control you're good to go for the regular stroller.  I reclined the seat a little in the beginning, once you tighten the straps small enough LO will probably fit comfortably.  If you have a snap and go, I'd skip out on the bar for the citimini.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    I have a big baby (10 lbs at birth) so we were out of our at 4.5 months.  but it was the height, not the weight. See if you can find them used. It might help with the decision
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Still using ours at nearly 6 months! I think he's going to outgrow it length-wise before he does weight-wise.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ours goes up to 20lbs and we're getting a convertible seat this weekend.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
  • Options

DS does better in the stroller when he's not in the car seat. He can't see what's going on, but can hear it and that makes him mad! I do recline the seat in the stroller a tiny bit, but he really does want to be sitting up as much as possible!

As far as the infant carrier -- we're still using it (it goes to 22lbs/29in), but will probably start using the convertibles in the next few weeks even though he still fits in the carrier. (Again, I think it reclines too much and he can't see as much as he'd like to)

Our miracle has arrived! Benjamin Aaron, born 6/23/11 image
    Picture courtesy of Heidi Keene Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have the city mini adaptor and use it all the time.  DS is big for his age (16lbs, 3.5 months) and we've tried putting him in just the stroller and the straps are just too big and are constantly rubbing his face...I would get the adaptor.
    BKP__Levi's One Year_0032_CDBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have the BOB and the Chicco carseat adapter and are still using both at 4 months.  Although we could have put her in the BOB without the adapter as early as 8 weeks, it seemed too young to us, and I really like being able to look at her while I push the stroller.   I didn't get the BOB til LO was already 2 months old, so I also wondered whether the adapter would be worth it, but for us it has been.

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    i have a city mini double that i have been using without a car seat since dd was born.  i just recline it all the way and   i use these to cover the straps so they don't rub her face.  they also hold her head perfectly straight and she falls right asleep.  it's kind of hard to see from the photo on the site, but they are like little really firm pillows with a velcro piece on the back.  i just velcro them around the straps.  super easy. 
    bound to cover just a little more ground Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have the city mini & chicco keyfit 30 seat.  We got the adapter & use it all the time for running into stores.  We do put DD in the stroller itself for walks or when she'll be in there a while, but the adapter is awesome for running errands.  Makes it so easy to pop her seat on it & go.

As for length of time used, she is just over 4 months now & was 17lbs 7oz & 26.5" at her appt.  Its getting pretty heavy to carry her around so we'll probably switch to a convertible seat in the next month I'd say.  But we've got a lot of use out of the adapter for sure.  Look for one on ebay, craigslist or Amazon had them on sale.

• Options

It all depends on how fast your baby grows, and how much weight you're willing to carry.

DD is 13 months old, and whopping 16.5 lbs. She could easily still fit in her infant carrier, but we switched her to a convertible seat around 10-11 months because it was just easier to carry her out of the seat.

Edit: Reading fail. She was sitting up on her own at 5 months old, so we put her in the stroller alone from that point on.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD#1 used it until she was 13 months, and we only switched to the convertible because she was too tall for it.
    2 girls and a dog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"