Preemies

If you have a 35 weeker, sitting up question

When did he/she master it?  Isaac is nowhere near sitting up alone yet at 7 months (for more than 3-4 mins).  Not sure when I need to worry... 
Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: If you have a 35 weeker, sitting up question

• If he is sitting for 3-4 minutes, I'm pretty sure that counts as "sitting unassisted" so I wouldn't worry at all if I were you. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DD wasn't a solid sitter until closer to 7 months. At about 6.5 months I could start to move the boppy away and have some confidence. She never gradually does anything though. One day she is super far from a milestone and the next she is a master. Also, very quickly after she sat well she started army crawling and pulling up. Oh, but she still (at almost 11 months) cannot roll from her back - go figure.

I know it is hard trying to compare, but it doesn't help. My mom is the worst, always comparing what I did as a baby to DD (I was born 3 weeks late). If your ped isn't concerned I wouldn't be either.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Stephen was 7 months old before he sat up on his own, and it took about another month before I could stop surrounding him with pillows to make sure he wouldn't hit his head on the floor.
  • Nugget is a 34weeker and she is just this week starting to sit up on her own.  She is still pretty wobbly, so I have to sit with her or use the boppy.  She is 8 months actual today (!).  EI came yesterday and doesn't seem concerned about it, so I'm not gonna worry.  Sounds like you're on track!
  • My LO was a 36 weeker and really didn't seem to be anywhere near sitting up unnassisted until around 7.5 months, and then she nailed it rather suddenly and started crawling two days later.

Go figure. I wouldn't stress yet. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"