Military Families

Intro

Hi, my name is Amber. I had my first child, Ava on August 7, 2011. Her father, Jeff and I have been together for 2 years. We met while in the Navy (I am a Veteran and he is still active). He is still stationed up in Bremerton, WA on the USS Nimitz. While I currently live in KC, MO and am a full time student. I was in the Navy for 8 years, so I know how all this feels from both sides. I never imagined how hard it would be to play the role of single Mom, even though I am not. Ava is the very best thing that has ever happened to us and we are overjoyed. I feel like I am lucky because I get to see her and have her with me every day and I do feel sad that both her and her Daddy are missing out on what Ava and I get every day. We are moving up to Washington to be with him in January after I get out of school, and we cannot wait. Anyways, just wanted to stop by and say hi. If there are any other local Moms in the Kansas City area, we should all get together sometime. I know from personal experience being the one one deployment that it makes a whole lot of difference if you have others there to share their stories and lend a helping hand if needed. Thanks!

Re: Intro

• Hi, welcome to this board.
    DeterminedBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi Amber and Welcome! Love your daughters name as mine also is Ava!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Formerly Dashskidaddle
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the board!  I live in Manhattan Kansas, about 2 hrs from Kansas City.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi! I'm sure it's quite the adjustment being on your own with your LO. Hope he gets back quickly and safely to you and Ava.
    BabyFruit Ticker

PCOS--TTC since 11/2010:   
    5 cycles of Clomid: all BFN, 1 cycle of Follistim:CP
    1 year break thanks to deployment.
    1 cycle Follistim: BFN, Lap to remove peritubal cyst May 2013
    2 cycles Follistim + trigger: BFN, Gonal F +IUI April 2014: BFP!!!!!! 

Boy/Girl Twins due Jan 5, 2015!!! 

• Congrats on your upcoming baby. Mine is 8 weeks old today. It has been a year this month also since I got out of the Navy. Are you still in the Army; how long have you been in? I was in for 8 years. Anyways, congrats again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"