North Carolina Babies

NBR: Redecorating help

So we bought this old house a few years ago and are in the final stages of moving the rooms around to their final places (well until the nursery goes away). Anyways...here's the issue I'm having...we have a weird set up, there is a room that was added on that you have to walk through another room to get to. We have three rooms to move and I'm just not sure which is the best set up. Is it:

1) Wyatt's room in the added on room, with the nursery in front of it that you walk through to get to Wyatt's room

2) Wyatt's room in the added on room, guest room in front of it that you walk through to get to Wyatt's room

3) Guest room in the added on room, Nursery in front of it that you walk through to get to guest room.

Keep in mind the boys will eventually be sharing a room so I'd like Wyatt's room to be where we'll finally put them.

Hopefully that makes sense...just trying to see what makes the most sense...I'm leaning towards option one currently, but am curious what others would do with that space. TIA!  

Re: NBR: Redecorating help

• If you put the nursery in front room, and Wyatt's in the back - how will you use that room when the boys start sharing a space? Can you use it for their rooms now, and then the front room can be used as a play space or office later? I think that sounds like a good option. 

None of the other options sound appealing. Would your guests want you to walk through their space to put the boys to bed? Or, as a guest I would not want to walk through a kid's room to get to my room. Both of those setups sound awkward.  

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • imagebecki777:

If you put the nursery in front room, and Wyatt's in the back - how will you use that room when the boys start sharing a space? Can you use it for their rooms now, and then the front room can be used as a play space or office later? I think that sounds like a good option. 

None of the other options sound appealing. Would your guests want you to walk through their space to put the boys to bed? Or, as a guest I would not want to walk through a kid's room to get to my room. Both of those setups sound awkward.  

Yeah that's what I was thinking...it would be awkward to walk through a kids room to get to mine if I were staying somewhere. And yes, the front room would go back to the office/my space after the boys moved in together, which is why I like that set up the best too. I don't think it'll bother me as much with both boys having to walk through the rooms as much as it would a guest. If they are going to share a room eventually anyways, it'll just get them used to the idea now without actually being in the same room.

Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • I would put Wyatt in the add-on, Cole in the outer room and make Wyatt's old room the guest room. As someone who will need to stay in your guest room in a few weeks, I would find it a bit weird to have you walking through in the middle of the night to get to Wyatt or Cole. Yes, it's your house, but privacy is nice for guests!   Smile

Plus, it would only mean later converting the nursery back to the office/playroom and not having to move around other rooms. Less work is a good thing!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"