January 2011 Moms
Options

BF Mommas...(water intake ??)

I maybe should post on BF board...but oh well.

Does this seem right? My dr. (I'm sick) told me I need to drink at least 8 liters of water per day. I just did the conversion and that's about 34 cups of water per day. Seems excessive if you ask me...what do you think? 

Re: BF Mommas...(water intake ??)

• Options

I drink like 6 pints of water a day, so 12 cups or 96 oz. lol.  Plus coffee in the morning and sometimes a pick me up drink or smoothie mid-afternoon.  If I'm thirstier I drink more, and if I work out I try to drink an extra pint.

I will say though, that when I'm sick I pound liquids like there's no tomorrow, especially orange juice and cinnamon-y herbal teas (twinings makes a cherry cinnamon that's really good), plus miso soup.  So if this is a sicky rec, I'm less likely to think your doc is a whackadoo.

Feel better!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebroccolitree:

I drink like 6 pints of water a day, so 12 cups or 96 oz. lol.  Plus coffee in the morning and sometimes a pick me up drink or smoothie mid-afternoon.  If I'm thirstier I drink more, and if I work out I try to drink an extra pint.

I will say though, that when I'm sick I pound liquids like there's no tomorrow, especially orange juice and cinnamon-y herbal teas (twinings makes a cherry cinnamon that's really good), plus miso soup.  So if this is a sicky rec, I'm less likely to think your doc is a whackadoo.

Feel better!

Wow, that's great that you do this! I don't think I drink a fraction of that (I also don't keep track like I should either).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know the amount of water that I drink, but I basically am drinking it whenever I'm awake and i know it's a lot!
  • Options
    I also drink 96 oz. Of water daily, Plus a big coffee and something with dinner, usually skim milk.
  • Options
    8 liters seems excessive. When I was bf I drank 100-150 oz or 12-18 cups a day. I'd maybe add 8 cups to that if I was sick but not 20+ cups... I mean I'd only ever get out of the bathroom to refill my cup if I was drinking like that :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know that it's 6 pints because my water bottle is a pint.  Right before every meal or snack I refill it, and if it's not out by the time I'm prepping the next meal I chug it.  I also do one extra one mid morning during naptime and one right after I put baby girl to bed.  I'll sub out milk if I'm having a pb&j or whatever though.
  • Options
    I drink about 10-12 pints per day or 170 to 200oz per day (I always drank this much pre-pregnancy). I only BF in the afternoons/ evenings/ nights and mornings though. She has formula when I am away from her at work.
  • Options
    Today I'm counting my oz so I'll see what I come up with. Although I know it'll be way more than usual so this should be interesting. Might explain why my almost daily pump session svcks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"