D.C. Area Babies

what would a nestie do...finally buying new monitor

Without getting into brand names here is my scenario..We only need the one camera now but as will be TTC as soon as the dr gives me the go ahead.which would a nestie buy??

all 3 are video monitors with very comparable specs.

option 1. Name brand monitor 2.8 inch screen can add 2nd camera(but cameras not due out on the market until early 2012)  $159

option 2 same brand as number 1 3.5 inch screen, can add 2nd camera (on the market now) $209

option 3 non name brand camera but with good reviews on amazon, available with 2 cameras for $185

option 1 and 2 both have good reviews on amazon also just not nearly as many as #3...

whats a nestie to do..spend my money please:-) 

Re: what would a nestie do...finally buying new monitor

• Have you checked any other reviews, like Baby Bargains or Consumer Reports?

I just looked at CR online and they have 3 reviews of video monitors. They ranked them in this order:

1. Summer Slim and Secure (54/100)
    2. Safety 1st True View (51/100)
    3. MobiCam wireless (33/100)

I don't know if you were looking at any of those, but maybe this info is helpful.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I did check out consumer reports...can't check out baby bargins because I lent mine out months ago and never got it back:( I am not buying asummer infant, the 2 name brand are motorola and the non name brand is lorex...

thanks for checking on that WnW:-) 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sure someone on here must have the new version of Baby Bargains handy. Or you could go to a bookstore and look it up quickly. :)  I'm all about reviews! I do generally trust amazon reviews, especially when there are more than a handful of them.
  • i went with the one with 87 out of 227 5 stars and it was acutally cheaper, the lorex one:-)
  • Please report back about how you like it. I've been tempted to get a video monitor, but it seems like the Summer ones conk out after a year or two, so I'm not sure I want one of those. I haven't seen many reviews of other monitors.
  • I want to hear your review, too! I want to get a video monitor with two cameras. I apparently can't get a second camera with my current video monitor (a Summer). Also, something has happened to the power button on the monitor, and if it gets turned off, it's a PITA to turn it back on.

Anyway, let us know how it goes!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"