Washington Babies

worst Dad and another story

Ok so it may not be that bad, but we were at my appt with the ARNP and DH and DS were in there with me.  DS is holding on to DH's hand and he starts to fall.  DH tries to catch him by the back of his pants and he fell and hit his face on the floor.  He only cried for a split second and the ARNP didn't say anything.  I know babies fall especially when they are trying to walk, but it just really bothered me.

Then before we went to bed DS was trying to get my straightener from underneath the bed and smacked his face on the bed frame.  So he just backs up and looks mad at the bed and charges at it and starts crying.  I feel bad for laughing bc he got hurt. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: worst Dad and another story

• It sounds like just an accident to me. What bothered you about it? Do you think your DH should have caught him? Or did it bother you that it was in front of the ARNP?

ETA: I re-read this and thought I sounded a little snarky. NOT how I was trying to sound at all. Smile I'm trying to understand why it bothered you is all. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • I used to make fun of DH because Emma always seemed to bump her head while DH was holding her. It'd be something like he'd go to reach for something and she'd pull away and bump her head on the side of the couch, nothing terrible :-) But it most definitely happened in front of people.

I still laugh sometimes when Emma gets hurt, but it's usually times like your second story, where she gets mad at whatever she's run into. 

Don't feel bad, he didn't push him over, he just didn't catch him in time.

photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ummmmmmmm...I suggest you watch the news sometime before you call your husband the worst dad for a total accident. Its hardly a big deal and I feel sorry for your husband that you would call him that because your child fell while trying to walk.
  • I can understand being a little embarassed when it was in front of the ARNP, but I do think he is far from the worst dad. Men parent different from women - so in his mind he was doing the right thing. There will many more falls, bumps, bruises, scrapes, etc where that came from Big Smile in the years to come.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• Yeah, I totally did this once when DS was about 1 year old. He was walking (running) by then - we were at an ATM and I thought DH had him but he didn't and DS started walking/running away and I turned and instinctively grabbed his shirt, which flipped him and forehead hit pavement. Bad bruise and big tears (and a horrible smack sound). I felt AWFUL ...but he was about to jump the curb to possible cars...so, lesser of two evils I guess.
  • Don't feel bad! Your DH sounds fine to me, just an accident!
  • I'm sorry everyone... I didn't mean it literally.  It just makes me sad that like PP that it seems like everytime I leave DS with DH he's getting hurt.  I know he means well though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejrsmama2010:
    I'm sorry everyone... I didn't mean it literally.  It just makes me sad that like PP that it seems like everytime I leave DS with DH he's getting hurt.  I know he means well though.

You have to remember he's a Dad not a Mom.  I know that sounds weird but we are just built different.  He's not doing anything wrong, and your little man will come out of toddlerhood with MANY bumps and bruises!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"