Northern California Babies
Options

Is almond butter OK? other finger foods?

J loves frozen waffles and toast and I'm just not sure what to put on them.  I've tried jam, but I don't always want something sweet and I know we aren't supposed to do peanut butter yet.  We don't have a history of allergies at all...is almond butter OK?

I know there have been a few posts about other finger foods recently, so I'm sorry for the repetition.  I just can't seem to get him to eat anything other than carbs, cheese and bananas as finger foods.  We've tried pasta, scrambled egg yolks, black beans, cooked veggies...I'm not sure if it's the texture or what.  Any other ideas? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is almond butter OK? other finger foods?

• Options
    If you're worried about nuts, you could always go with sunflower butter (TJs has it)
  • Options

imageCelyn:
    If you're worried about nuts, you could always go with sunflower butter (TJs has it)

Good to know...thanks! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I thought that the recommendations for allergies had changed and peanut butter was okay as long as there wasn't a family history. 

G's been having peanut butter on his waffles for months now.  He loves it.  

ETA:  Are you looking for breakfast foods or just any sort of foods?

At that age, G also started having raspberries.  Avocado is a tricky one, but he loves to take bites off of slices.  I overcook carrots so that they are mushy.  I make baked sweet potato fries as another favorite. 

This is also when I started making him mini-muffins.  I use recipes from this site: Weelicious.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Simon LOVES sunflower butter!!
    The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I have nothing to add but just want to say i like these posts for ideas for myself!

Instead of jam can you put some pureed blueberries on them?

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options

What about pumpkin butter?  Or is that too sweet? 

Ditto - I like these kind of posts for ideas as well, since D is just now starting to self feed.

This website has come good ideas, especially in the finger foods section.

• Options
    Thanks ladies!  I'm really looking for other ideas for all meals so those websites are perfect!  I think we'll have to make a trip to TJs just for baby food ideas this weekend.
  • Options
    Oh, just remembered another one.  Raviolis that are a bit overcooked.  I generally make ours and then leave his in the water for another minute or two.  He can bite right through them.  He loves spinach stuffed ones. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"