High-Risk Pregnancy

Daily Bedrest Check-in 9/27/11 (Tues.)

Good Morning Mommies!

It's so wonderful to hear that we all have amazing support systems and that our Moms are THE BEST, no one can compare. And Congrats to the ladies that are on their way off of bedrest, Good Luck with everything and keep us posted!

1.Bedrest is so frustrating at times and can get old really quick. What rule have you broken if any?

2.Do you prefer male or female when it comes to your obgyn?

3.What lesson(s) are you going to take away from this experience?

Updates &Vent

Hope you all have a good day!

Re: Daily Bedrest Check-in 9/27/11 (Tues.)

• 1.Bedrest is so frustrating at times and can get old really quick. What rule have you broken if any? - I am in the hospital but really don't have ay restrictions.  I can walk around my room if I need to...haven't broken any rule.

2.Do you prefer male or female when it comes to your obgyn?  - Female but with being high risk I had to find a new OB, since my OB that I had been going to for the last 10 yrs did not deliver triplets - I found a pracatice with 3 men and 2 women and they have been great.  They come and check on me each day in the hospital. They are very caring.

3.What lesson(s) are you going to take away from this experience? - We make sacrifices for those things that are most important in our lives.

Updates &Vent - no updates - no contractions

Adalynn, Brynn and Elena born October 13th, 2011! They were our triplet surprise and everyday is a blessing. Brynn Victoria was born 3lbs 7oz 16", Adalynn Louise born 3lbs 6oz 16 3/4" and Elena Marie born 3lbs 10oz.
  • Good Q's. 1) Well about a month ago dr put me on mbr so I was able to leave the house grocerie store etc as long as I was in wheel chair, but two weeks ago cervix shortened again so back to sbr. So I have been still going to the grocerie store not alot but Im not even suppose to do this. 2) I dont care about gender as long as they know what they are doing and listen to me. When I was younger it use to bother me but I can talk to them just like a woman and when they look at you they always have another female in the room with you usually the nurse no big deal. 3) That dh and I can make it through anything our relationship has been really tested these last five months I have been on br working 16+ hrs a day coming home cleaning cooking on days off cleaning cooking oh man I'm So over u bed!!!!!!! Update/Vents: Tomorrow I go in to see endo and after that I see my mfm busy day. Ive been having alot of painful Cramping curious what my cl is.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1.Bedrest is so frustrating at times and can get old really quick. What rule have you broken if any?

Some times I just have to get up and do a walk around my house or else I feel like I'm not mobile!

Definitely female.  

Patience and giving up control. I'm a person who controls most situations by either rules, calendars, etc. and this is something I just can't control. I am learning to just just go with the flow.

Updates &Vent

Tomorrow is a week of bed rest and already feels like an eternity! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi ladies! I have been lurking for the last couple of weeks and this is my official introduction.  I am 35 weeks and have been on bed rest for the last 4 weeks for preterm labor.  A routine exam confirmed the cramps I had been experiencing were actually contractions and I was dilated to 3cm/70% effaced at 31 weeks.  I was hospitalized for a few days to receive mag and steroids and was released home on terbutaline.  The doctors had me stop the terbutaline last week and the contractions were back by that evening.  I am hoping to make it another week and have a doctor's appointment this afternoon to see if there has been any further cervical chance since stopping the meds.   I look forward to getting to know everyone and wish you all the best!1.Bedrest is so frustrating at times and can get old really quick. What rule have you broken if any? I have broken down and cleaned the kitchen and living room. I have issues with feeling out of control and having my house constantly trashed.  My husband has been wonderful, but with a 2 year old, things get messy.  Afterwards the contractions picked up and I was terrified. I learned my lesson. 2.Do you prefer male or female when it comes to your obgyn? Before kids, I would have said female.  However, now I have had excellent experiences with both genders so I can honestly say no preference and it depends on the individual doctor. 3.What lesson(s) are you going to take away from this experience? Patience really is a virtue!  There is always someone else who can take my place to keep the house tidy, make dinner and take over my assignments at work.  There is no one else that can take my place right now and do what I am doing to give my baby the best chance possible.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 1.I've gone up and down the stairs a little more than I'm supposed to some days.

2.I prefer female but have had to see one of the male doctors a couple of times in the office.

3.The lessons that I learned are that its ok to depend on people and that you can't control life.

• 1.I'm in the hospital, there is really no way to break the rules but if I did it would be to walk right out the front door of this room even for a sec. It's 14 days tomorrow and I'm really hoping for wheelchair ride privileges.

2.I have no preference on OB gender. I have a favorite female and male OB right now. i just want them to take and interest and be proactive.

3.I'm going to take away being appreciative of the little things. It takes a scary situation sometimes to really appreciate what and who you have. And also, now I know who my real support is.

Updates &Vent

No updates, no contractions...just hanging out ;-)

Check out our blog of Sofia's progress... www.FisforFam.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image Visit The Nest! image
  • 1.Bedrest is so frustrating at times and can get old really quick. What rule have you broken if any?

I'm guilty of doing laundry and dishes. I like to clean when I'm frustrated. 

I've always felt more comfortable with a female. At the practice I'm at now there are 3 women and 1 male. I've only seen the male dr. like twice, I don't have a problem with him, but I still definitely prefer seeing a woman. I just feel like they're more understanding.

That some times I need to take it easy. I've always been a "high-stress" person. I try to take on too much by myself. Being on bedrest has forced me to "take it easy" and I've also had to ask for help from others, which is something I don't normally do.

Updates &Vent

No updates today

My only vent is that I really, really, really want a pumpkin donut and a pumpkin spice latte. But starbucks and dunkin donuts are too far for me to drive :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1.Bedrest is so frustrating at times and can get old really quick. What rule have you broken if any?  I have gone to CVS a couple of times just to get out but mostly because DH is so good at getting what I need that I didn't have the heart to make him pick up Monistat for me.  He drove me to CVS but I bought it because, even though he would have bought it, he would have been embarrassed and I hate to embarrass him.2.Do you prefer male or female when it comes to your obgyn?  Female because they can relate to what you're going through when it comes to female things.3.What lesson(s) are you going to take away from this experience?  Never take my freedom for granted.  And even though I have it "bad" there's always someone else who has it worse.Updates &Vent
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1.Bedrest is so frustrating at times and can get old really quick. What rule have you broken if any? Not really any...they won't really let me in the hospital.2.Do you prefer male or female when it comes to your obgyn? I used to prefer females, but now I don't really care as long as they have my best interest in mind.3.What lesson(s) are you going to take away from this experience?  I always was pro death penalty because I thought it would be worse than life in prison.  I have been stuck in the hospital for two weeks and I am beginning to think life in prison would be more of a punishment.Updates &Vent  
    BabyName Ticker
  • 1.  I'm on MBR, so I'm taking it easy, but there are some things I do that I probably shouldn't.  I still clean.  Nothing crazy, but I wipe down the kitchen and bathrooms.  I clean for 10 minutes or so and then lie down for an hour or so, then clean another 10 minutes, etc. 

2.  Before pregnancy, I would have said female.  But my obgyn is male, and the fertility doctor I saw was also male and like them both a lot.  Now that I'm more used to the idea of a man doctor, I'm indifferent.  I guess the most important thing is that they be competent, proactive, and have an ok bedside manner.

3. At this point, I've been on MBR for 4 weeks and I'm looking at another 15 weeks if all goes well.  I'm starting to worry a bit about what kind of effect this prolonged inactivity is going to have on my general recovery from delivery.  I also imagine I might have less energy to take care of little one.  If there's a next time around, I'm going to try to be in the best shape possible before getting pregnant.  Not that I was in bad shape before this pregnancy, I just think I would have benefitted from more muscle tone.

• 1. I am seriously fighting the urge to clean my house right now, but considering my bed rest is supposed to be " up to the shower and bathroom only," and I am currently washing baby clothes....then I would say I'm cheating. I also have newborn size cloth diapers that I need to prep.
    2. I have never actually seen a male ob. My preference is definitely female.
    3. I'll probably get a little more prepared for baby early. I had no idea that I was going to go out at 34 weeks and not be able to make any other preparations, and rely on my DH to do everything. I mean he's been great, but sometimes it's just easier to do things myself.
    updates/vents: I had a great check up at the ob today. My NST was excellent, but as far as my amniotic fluid, she said if my fluid levels were any lower then she wouldn't let me go home, but they were adequate. My bp was borderline, but I'm at home on bed rest until Friday, when u go back again. During my internal today, my ob mentioned my narrow pelvis again. She said, " If I have so much trouble getting my fingers in, then I don't know how a head is going to come out."

It does get old quickly. I have only cheated a couple of times to ride in the car to the drive thru with a friend. Other than that I just try to maximize any time I am up to the bathroom and stretch/stand for as long as I can!!

My OB is female but I wouldn't have had a major problem with a male. I chose mine because she came very highly recommended from several friends!

Patience is a virtue Smile And the power of prayer is amazing!!!

Updates &Vent

Appointment today went really well! NST was good, both babies got 8/8 on their BPP and growth scan measurements were 2lb10oz (A) and 2lb3oz (B) and my cervix was NOT DILATED!!! Yahoo!!

No vents at all!

Married 8.4.07
    BFP #1 4.15.11 Twin girls born 11/17/11
    BFP #2 10/16/13 m/c at 9w
    BFP #3 4/7/14 EDD 12/13/14

I have been cleaning too much lately.  the nesting instinct is hard to turn off!  

no preference, in fact people who say they are not comfortable w/ a man rub me the wrong way.  my OB is a man but i've seen both and it's all about experience and bed side manner, not what parts you have.  

to never get pregnant again! this is my 2nd time on bed rest and i am so done w/ it! 2 kids sounds good to me!  

imageimage

• 1.  Oh man, is it frustrating at times.  I did break a rule last weekend.  My friend was at a consignment sale and called me because she found a toddler bed for $35 and she knew I needed one for DD.  So, I went.  I'm glad I went, because I bought the bed, but I paid for it later.  :(  I felt so silly too, because the ladies working there could tell that I wasn't feeling well and so they got me crackers, chocolate, and water and made me sit down.  lol  I stayed longer than I should have because I had to wait for DH to get there to help me.  

2.  I prefer a female obgyn, definitely.

3.  I am taking away from this the lesson that I will do anything for my babies.  Not that I didn't know that before.  But this has really pushed my limits.  It stinks being on BR, but I'll do absolutely anything to make sure my baby comes home safely.  

update and vent:  I had my 35 week check up today and NST.  It went well and my BP is good.  But my baby is breech again.  I'm very worried that I'm going to end up having a c-sec.  After 2 natural childbirths, I am worried about a c-sec.  i'll have an u/s to check her position at my appt next tuesday.  I really hope she flips back.

My name is Julie. I'm a SAHM mom of 2 and married for 7 yrs! Missing my Angel Babies- 7/29/08, 10/11/10 both at 9 weeks. Another baby girl due in October 2011! BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have been on bed rest 18 days now. The first 3 were OK, then the next 14 were horrible. Since Sunday I have finally found peace with it and am embracing the down time while I have it. My cat and I have really been bonding! I do have wonderful support of family and friends but it still gets frustrating. Hardest part has been missing my 20 year class reunion, being in bed for my 38th birthday, and missing out on a few of my showers! But I have to accept that I will probably be on this for at least 4 more weeks.

As for cheating, I loaded the dish washer once, and I did sneak outside for some sunshine.

I prefer a female hands down (no pun intended). My midwifes are female and the perinates are male. But the guys know their jobs and treat me quite well so no complaints. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"