High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Anyone had this before

The doc told me at my appt today that my placenta is minimally and partially covering my cervix and that he expects it to move as my uterus gets bigger but for now no sex and no strenuous anything.

Did anyone have this and it got better the further along you got?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone had this before

• Options
    Yes and yes. I'm pretty sure it's somewhat common and normally referred to as a low lying placenta or partial placenta previa. With dd, mine was considered low lying, but after rechecking it via u/s at 30 weeks, it had "moved" up and out of the way as my uterus grew.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yes.  At my 18 week ultrasound, my placenta was completely covering my cervix, or "complete placenta previa."  I go in at 28 weeks for another ultrasound to determine position.  After talking to my doctor about it, I was very reassured. I was not put on any type of pelvic rest or any restrictions at all.  But, I have not had sex since finding this out because it made me a little nervous.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I dont even have complete previa and I got put on No sex and no strenuous anything until the next u/s in 4 weeks. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"