Ohio Babies

childcare rates?

I'm going to start babysitting in my home and I wanted to see what you guys though was a good price. I live south of Columbus in Lancaster. I'm looking to do part/full time. Meals included. what would you pay weekly, daily, and hourly? I use to babysit, but its been awhile and I felt like I was too cheap before. TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
I Bump from my phone 90% of the time, with a baby in my lap, so please excuse my bad format and poor spelling and/or punctuation.

Re: childcare rates?

• We had a very negative experience with an in-home provider for our son.  He was only there a month before we put him in an awesome center wehre we pay $235/week for a 20 month old.  They provide milk, breakfast and snacks and we provide lunch.  I believe we paid the awful in home woman $120 or something like that.  I have to look to be sure. 

The fact is that most people that use in home do so b/c they can't afford a center.  We used in home b/c that's how my husband was raised and he thought it was better.  After she left our child strapped in his carseat while she took her son to work we pulled him, but only b/c we could easily afford to put him in a top notch center.  Many other parents can't.  So, if you are in a low income area, your rates need to reflect that.

Also you should registered with the state as a type B home.  That might allow you to charge more. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am an in-home daycare provider in Logan so not very far from you. I can't really charge a whole lot without the parents getting upset. I think for one child at five days a week I charge about $125. I am not certified nor do I want to be so for me I am only allowed 6 kids. But 4-5 is plenty for me especially since I am expecting my own. 

I love doing it and I absolutely love the kids. However you do find some ppl who just do it for the money. I don't think there is anything wrong with sending your kids to an in-home daycare provider but I would definitely ask for references and ask around about the person. You definitely have to have trust!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • A couple of years ago I looked into registering with the state because I was getting a lot of calls from people on Title 20. But since I don't have a fenced in yard (and my landlord doesn't want one) I don't qualify. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    I Bump from my phone 90% of the time, with a baby in my lap, so please excuse my bad format and poor spelling and/or punctuation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"