Infertility Veterans

Beta #3

I thought that was a good number but according to my RE's nurse she said that they wanted it to be 389 which would have been a 1.5 x's rise so I am repeating beta on Wed. I guess the numbers aren't quite doubling as they should be but it still did go up. Seriously? Talk about making a person feel discouraged :(

UGH - this beta limbo is the worst!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

~*~ Our IF Journey~*~
TTC for 5+ years
2/09 - TI = BFP * 3/09 - M/C with D&C * 8/09 - C/P
Jan - July '10 - Clomid/Follistim + IUI = all BFN
Aug - IVF #1 - 3 embies transferred = BFN
Mar - IVF #2 - 2 embies transferred & 4 frosties = BFN
June - FET #1 * 2 embies transferred = BFP (C/P @ 5w4d)
Sept - FET #2 * 2 embies transferred = BFP
Nov - M/C & D&C at 10 weeks
May - surprise BFP with no medical intervention
Sept - 20 week US showed we're having a BOY!
~*~ EDD: 2/4/13 ~*~

*My IF Blog*

Our Bulldogs - Bubba & Millie
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Beta #3

• I'm so sorry you're in beta limbo, but that is SO close to 389! I'm holding out lots of hope for that LO.

It seems to be doubling within every 72 hours, which is perfect. ((hugs)) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • beta limbo is torture, but it is promising that your numbers keep going up!

i hope you get a great number on wednesday!!!

• Loading the player...
  • It looks good to me!  Sending lots of doubling and high rising beta vibes your way! 

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• imageLCS040209:

I'm so sorry you're in beta limbo, but that is SO close to 389! I'm holding out lots of hope for that LO.

ditto this.  hang in there hun.  sending lots of hugs  your way.

~Lauren~
    **SAIF always welcome.**
    After 2+ years, 3 losses, 3 surgeries, 2 IVFs and 1 FET our little girl is here.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (babystinkbreath)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Read in 2011: 56/55
    Read in 2012: 31/30
    Read in 2013: 1/25
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• I've been there and it does suck. Huge hugs. Ur rise was so close to what they wanted. I'd consider it there. Good luck w number 4, ugh...too much stress.
  • So how many days apart were your betas? I'm sorry you're in beta limbo! GL with you next beta!!
  • Sorry you didnt get the number they wanted, but it still seems like a pretty close number.  When is your next beta?  Sending you lots of doubling vibes!!
    I am AMA and all tests on H came back normal
    3 failed IVF with OE and 2 failed frozen DE cycles
    Last fresh hail mary DE cycle starting Feb 2013
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome
  • Sorry you are dealing with the crazy beta numbers.  But I must say that you sound good to me!  I hope you get an even better number with the next beta so that you can not be stressed and in the beta limbo!
    TTC since 3/07. IVF#1 = canceled. IVF#2 = 0% fertilization. IVF#3 = BFN. IVF#4 = c/p.  
    Moving forward with Adoption 2017!
  • So sorry you're in beta limbo, but that is a pretty good rise. I hope your next beta is way over what it needs to be. T&P for a super sticky baby in there.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • That is so close to what they wanted, and still doubling well... I'm sorry they're making you feel discouraged!  I'm sending lots of good beta vibes for you for Wednesday, but I wouldn't be down about this... they're rising well!  Congrats!  :)
  • That is frustrating for it to be so close but it IS rising! Keeping the prayers coming for an een bigger rise on Wed!! ((hugs))
    Dx Anovulatory PCOS Clomid,Ovidrel,TI=BFN IUI#1-#3 Femara,Ovidrel=BFN IUI#4-Gonal F,Ovidrel=BFN IUI#5-Gonal F,Ovidrel= BFP!! Beta #1 11dpIUI=34, Beta #2=131,first u/s 3/14=1 perfect bug with a heartbeat! Anderson Phillip, Born 11/2/11 7lbs 10oz 21in. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was psyched when I first saw your number and thought it was an awesome rise!  Honestly, you are so close that you could even be in the range of "lab error."  Keeping my fingers crossed for Wednesday!
    TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies - you all make me feel so much better ;)

@ scooterq - beta #1 was last Tuesday & beta #2 was Thursday

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

~*~ Our IF Journey~*~
    TTC for 5+ years
    2/09 - TI = BFP * 3/09 - M/C with D&C * 8/09 - C/P
    Jan - July '10 - Clomid/Follistim + IUI = all BFN
    Aug - IVF #1 - 3 embies transferred = BFN
    Mar - IVF #2 - 2 embies transferred & 4 frosties = BFN
    June - FET #1 * 2 embies transferred = BFP (C/P @ 5w4d)
    Sept - FET #2 * 2 embies transferred = BFP
    Nov - M/C & D&C at 10 weeks
    May - surprise BFP with no medical intervention
    Sept - 20 week US showed we're having a BOY!
    ~*~ EDD: 2/4/13 ~*~

*My IF Blog*

Our Bulldogs - Bubba & Millie
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sending tons of doubling beta vibes your way!
    After 3 years of infertility we were blessed with twin girls through private infant adoption.
    Forever our's October 17th 2012
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • so sorry you are in beta limbo -- but its still good!

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• imageLCS040209:

I'm so sorry you're in beta limbo, but that is SO close to 389! I'm holding out lots of hope for that LO.

This!! keeping you in my T&Ps, sweetie!!! hang in there! 

• 9 points!  Are you kidding me??  I am sorry they made you feel discouraged because of that.  I really hope this is it for you!
  • imageLCS040209:

This! I think it is great and praying for another rise. Please try not to worry too much! I was always way off with my doubling on betas and I have made it this far. ((HIUGS)) and thinking of you and that babe =) 

::PAIF/SAIF Welcome::

TTC since July 2008
    IUI 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF #1 C/P, FET 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF#2 BFP

it's a girl!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That rise still sounds good to me! Here's hoping beta #4 leaves you with no doubts!
  • that is so close!!

praying hard for a huge rise on Weds!!

sending tons of GL & PPV your way

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • They may be slow, but at least they are rising!  Good luck on Wed!!!!

I'm rooting for you!!!!

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Good luck with beta #4!

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• I'm sorry that it didn't double exactly how they would like, but it is darn, darn close.  Good luck on your next beta - I hope that there is no question on the next one!! 

Super doubling vibes coming your way!!

• I am wishing you the best of luck on this one!!! Doubling vibes headed your way!!!

Kristin

• i'm sorry you are in limbo, but i think this beta has made an encouraging jump.  keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out for you! 
    S/PAIFW
    Tara & Dave - TTC since September 2006
    PCOS - dx 1999 (amenorrhea) | freakishly long fallopian tubes
    Hypoglycemic | thyroid issues | severely anemic
    Multiple Clomid cycles of 50, 100, 150 - absolutely no response
    Follistim 50/100 | Follistim 75/125 | Follistim 100/150 IUI - all BFNs
    Converted IVF - BFP - m/c | FET - BFN | IVF #2 = BFN
    IVF #3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"