Parenting after 35
Options

First cold, a confession, and (re-)Intro :)

Hi all,  I know I've been quiet the past few months... been kind of afk in New Mommyland.  Glad to be back though!  Lots to catch up on, I see!

Milo had a cold (and first sick day from day care) this weekend.  It was really mild, just woke up complaining the middle of the night on Thursday, was a bit congested and snotty -- and had a fever -- through Friday.  It's not really even note-worthy, other than it was his first.  DH took him to the doctor today for a follow-up.  

Can I just say that I just totally do not want to be at work?  I was spoiled with six months of pregnancy/maternity leave (due to bed rest) and well now my mind just doesn't want to turn back on.  *sigh*  

Well anyway, just wanted to say hello, and I hope you're all doing well!   

PS. I started a new blog; link is in my siggy.  

Ten months: Mr. Giggles!
Photobucket
A10 March Siggy: Next vacation - Maine!
Photobucket

kikijbunny (formerly kikijbird)
Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

Mommy Blog: And Baby Makes Pi
Pregnancy/Baby Blog: Eggs Over Anxious
BFP chart

Anniversary

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage

Re: First cold, a confession, and (re-)Intro :)

• Options

Kiki, hi!

Yeah, the new mommy stuff wears you the eff out.  Ima check out your new blog.  :) 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imagePeppernut:

Kiki, hi!

Yeah, the new mommy stuff wears you the eff out.  Ima check out your new blog.  :) 

Hi Amy!!!  Cool, thanks... gradually getting back into the swing of things, and I miss you guys, and writing!  

Photobucket
    Photobucket

Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

BFP chart

Anniversary

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi Kiki! Glad to see you here. That baby of yours is as cute as it can be. Yeah...new mommyland... I also live there, but still haven't gone insane since we have my mom helping around for another month or so. I bet I will experience the more bitter side of it when my mom leaves.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hi Kiki! Welcome back!

• Options
    Hey!  I was wondering what happened to you!  It's definitely an adjustment being back at work, but it does get easier.  And you learn to walk around in a perpetual zombie state.  Just kidding!   Love your little guy...he's adorable!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagenewbee36:

Hi Kiki! Glad to see you here. That baby of yours is as cute as it can be. Yeah...new mommyland... I also live there, but still haven't gone insane since we have my mom helping around for another month or so. I bet I will experience the more bitter side of it when my mom leaves.

Hi newbee!  Thank you!  Lucky you to have your mom around for a while yet... I know how helpful that can be!  My mom stayed with us for a few weeks right after Milo was born, and then I camped out at her house later in the summer for a bit.  Amazing how much work - and how many people - it takes to take care of a baby (and, nominally, oneself).  It definitely has gotten easier as Milo gets older, and I get more seasoned as a parent (well, only one season so far, lol).  

Photobucket
    Photobucket

BFP chart

Anniversary

imageimageimage
  • Options
    imagestever:

Hi Kiki! Welcome back!

::waves:: :D 

Photobucket
    Photobucket

BFP chart

Anniversary

imageimageimage
  • Options

imageStrunella:
    Hey!  I was wondering what happened to you!  It's definitely an adjustment being back at work, but it does get easier.  And you learn to walk around in a perpetual zombie state.  Just kidding!   Love your little guy...he's adorable!

Hi Strunella, thank you!!  Yeah, it's been hard to log on while taking care of Milo, he likes to be held all the time (especially as a newborn), so my computer time has been limited.  

And I'd at least prefer to be able to function as a zombie than feel absolutely brain dead like I do right now... glad to hear it gets better!

And wow has your little one grown - such beautiful eyes and expressions! 

Photobucket
    Photobucket

BFP chart

Anniversary

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Welcome back! And re: colds and other nasties, better get used to them. By the time they're 18 months old, they get about one a month if they go to daycare. Not so much if they stay at home. Adrian gets sick at least once a month and it's always a "mystery virus", meaning, some kind of cold viruses that adults are immune to by now. Hope your LO stays healthy though! Smile
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options

imageNewMrs07:
    Welcome back! And re: colds and other nasties, better get used to them. By the time they're 18 months old, they get about one a month if they go to daycare. Not so much if they stay at home. Adrian gets sick at least once a month and it's always a "mystery virus", meaning, some kind of cold viruses that adults are immune to by now. Hope your LO stays healthy though! Smile

Thanks!  Yeah, so I've heard.  Milo goes to day care only three days a week, though I doubt that will decrease his likelihood of getting sick.  This was a mild cold luckily, to break us in, but it certainly was awful seeing him not feeling well.  I liked being home with him though... :)  

I hope Adrian can skip a month's cold or two! 

Photobucket
    Photobucket

BFP chart

Anniversary

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"