Boston Babies

Severe Hip/Pelvis Pain

anybody else suffering from this? relaxin is my enemy. it seems my pelvis keeps rotating out of place, causing serious pain in my hips, butt, and upper thighs. if you have any suggestions for coping with the pain pleeeease let me know!

Re: Severe Hip/Pelvis Pain

• I had this in my last pregnancy, and it started even earlier this time.  A maternity support belt helps some, but the best thing I've done is to make sure I get into a chiropractor who is experienced in working with pregnancy women on a regular basis. 

Also, sleep with a pillow between your knees if you don't already.

DS1 6/07
    DS2 (born at home) 7/09
    DD1 (born at home) 1/12
  • thanks for your response. i have been sleeping w/ the pillow, and i think i'll pick up one of those support belts right away!   : )
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry to hear you are having so much pain. I had something similar when I was pregnant. I also went to a chiropractor and it help quite a bit. I also found that if I slept with two pillows between my thighs not just one it made sleeping more comfortable. If you can manage it use firm and thick enough pillows so your thighs are not bent in but are parallel. It is a bit of a feat but man did it take the pressure off my low back and hips.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"