Natural Birth

Mesh Panties (home birth mamas)

How many are you ordering? Our birth kits that are designed by my midwives only have 2 pairs of these but I remember that I went through a ton of these when I had Gigi at a hospital. I am wondering if it would be wise to order extra?

someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

Re: Mesh Panties (home birth mamas)

• i had 3 pairs. i just washed them in the sink every time i changed. they dry pretty fast.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I only had two for my hospital birth. Washed them each time I switched.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not a home birth mama.  For my hospital birth with my first I took home like 12 pairs of the panties because i knew I wouldn't be having another hospital birth with any of my other children and I figured I could use them the next time.

I didn't end up using them after my birth center birth, I used Depends for the first two days and then just regular undies with pads after that.  That's what the birth center recommended.  I thought it would be really weird, but it really wasn't and it kept leaks to nonexistant during the heavy bleeding period.  I will do the same after this birth (birth center again).

Mama to Lucy (7/06), Lexi (5/09), and Max (11/11) M/C 12/17/10
  • I have never worn the mesh panties.  I wore Depends the first couple of days after Lily was born and had a freezer stocked with pads that had witch hazel on them and wore them in the Depends. 

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• probably a stupid question, but where can you order them?!
  • imagepreppymama:
    probably a stupid question, but where can you order them?!

radiantbelly.com

That is where I am ordering most of my birth supplies.

someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

• I didn't use mesh panties after my home birth.  I just wore regular underwear (ones that I didn't mind getting ruined) and big pads.  

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • There were 2 pairs in my birth kit, which was more than enough for me as I hated them. I actually used Depends. This was an especially good idea as I was using an herbal pack thing that my MW makes that didn't stay in place so well/created kind of a mess. It was way easier to deal with that in Depends (i.e. throw the Depends away) than deal with the mess in the mesh panties. Oh, and the Depends were way more comfortable than the mesh panties.

I'm definitely planning on doing the same with the LO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had DS at a birth center, but I also recommend Depends (or the generic that I used was fine).
  • apparently it is pretty common to have allergic reactions to some of the mesh panties, so next time I won't be using them AT ALL...just normal, cheap undies in a size up

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"