Snarky and T-TTC
Options

Update on me (pg mentioned, long)

Somewhat eventful last Friday for me!  I had two appts last week.  Monday I had bloodwork done at the peri.  It was to go along with my NT scan since I couldn't have it done at the time since we had just lost the twin.  Then Tuesday I had my regular appt with my OB.  They took blood also to run tests, even though I told them the peri had done it the day before.  Thursday night my OB calls me to tell me that my risks for open neural tube defects (including spina bfida) were on the low range of normal due to elevated AFP and that he wanted me into the peri asap for an u/s of the baby's spine. I asked if this could be related to losing the twin and he said he wasn't sure.  Cue me freaking out.  Of course the peri's office is long closed so I have to wait till Friday morning to call.
Friday morning the genetic counselor we had met with from the peri's office ended up calling me first to tell me my results were great.  Um, what?  She said my AFP was elevated, but that was cause of the lost twin and that everything was fine.  I told her what my doc had said.  She said he was being nuts and that he shouldn't have run the test himself since she told him they were doing it.  But they did fit me in for an u/s for piece of mind.  Most importantly, baby looked great!!  Spine was perfect, no signs of any defects.
Cool part?  We found out the sex!!  Ahead of our anatomy scan, haha.  Its a girl!!  We are so excited.
So that is the latest.  Sorry for making this way too long.  Thanks for listening  :)
TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
TESE for DH 08/09/09
ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Update on me (pg mentioned, long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board