D.C. Area Babies
Options

Terrible Two amnesia - funny blog post

I have been reading through some Rants for Mommyland blog posts while waiting for an important email (so that I can do the last thing I need to do today and leave).  I thought this one was appropraite for those of in the 2's, especially those of us doing it again.  How could I forget these epic meltdowns and my accompanying anxiety? 

Also if you do not object to proper use of the term vagina by small children, this one had me laughing so hard I was crying at my desk.  Just thinking about it makes me tear up laughing again.  Daddy my pillow smells.

Five Things About The Terrible Twos

My littlest smoochie is now two and a half.  There are things that she?s doing that should not come as a surprise to me ? I mean , she?s my third kid.  She's also an evil genius.  Maybe there?s some sort of terrible twos amnesia (like they claim occurs with childbirth), and that?s why I can't remember any of this stuff.  Or maybe I'm in denial.  No, of course not. . .

AGAIN.
That one word has come to dominate my life.  I hear it ten thousand times a day. I had forgotten that two year olds have an infinite capacity for seeing and hearing the same crap in a seemingly endless repetition.  And the best part? The stuff she likes best is designed to give me a damn stroke.  Do you know how many times this week I have watched the Wiggles? I can?t even count that high.  Do you know the number of times I have read the stupid Elmo book about puppies? I can?t tell you because thinking about that book causes me to black out.  Even the Easter service at church was infiltrated by the cries of AGAIN after the choir and orchestra played a fanfare from some long dead German composer.  The child had to yield to a higher power though.  Not that she noticed.   

I DO IT
I appreciate that toddlers need to learn to do things for themselves.  I understand that this is to be encouraged.  But why must these moments always come when we?re running ten minutes late?  And why must they always include things that would take me five seconds to do for her but take her twenty minutes to do for herself?  So I sit there and twitch and try not to put her shoes on her feet until I finally lose my schmidt and throw her in the van and wrestle her into her car seat as she screams ?NO, I DO IT! NO, I DO IT!? over and over and the neighbors wonder if they should call County services.  Also, I don't -- nor will ever -- get how the same fingers that can unbuckle a car seat in Houdini light speed while I am driving, are somehow incapable of buckling the same car seat in five minutes of minivan cardiac time.

imageWILLFUL DISOBEDIENCE
My two year old has always been a handful but I often wondered how aware she was that her behavior was naughty.  Now I know. She gets it. She understands everything. And she doesn?t give a sh*t.  She?s like the crazy nastyass honey badger.  She just doesn?t care.  Her adolescence should be really fun.

WAIT.  WHUCK?
There?s a reason that two year olds are the cutest creatures on earth.  And why the sound of their precious voices is the sweetest noise you?ll ever hear.  It?s because in addition to the tantrums, the intentional naughtiness, the compulsion to watch Dora 4,000 times a day and make you late for everything ? they?re also horrifying.  Two year olds will do crazy and disgusting things that would shock and awe interogators at CIA black sites.  Example: Upon seeing one such episode of grossness in the playground sandbox, I had a random Perfect Mommy observe my horror and smugly tell me, ?It?s perfectly natural! They?re just exploring their world!? That might be, I just wish they?d explore it without the cat turds.

Wait. That was gross wasn?t it? Sorry.

THE TANTRUMS
Ahhh? Good times. My favorites aren?t the public tantrums ? though those are pretty awesome. If for no other reason than being publically humiliated is always a good time and who doesn't love being THAT mom at the grocery store? My favorites are actually the tantrums that are triggered by something so totally ridiculous and unreasonable that it becomes funny. I'm talking about the times when the small one turns into a cross between the angry version of Christian Bale and the full-time version of Gaddafi over something so trivial or inane that it couldn't be explained in either plain English or a cave drawing. No honey, no matter how much you cry and stomp and kick your stroller ? you may not lick the floor at Walmart. And no, you may not spray yourself in the face with daddy?s deodorant even though you think it would really fun.

Re: Terrible Two amnesia - funny blog post

• Options
    That is hysterical.  Oh my.  It made me cry.
  • Options
    LOL! That is really funny.  I don't have a 2-year old yet, but I have already experienced tantrums over incredibly ridiculous things that made me have to stifle my laughter.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

In a ten second span on Sunday the following sentences came out of my mouth:

"PUT THE DOG POOP DOWN!"

"yes, that is the biggest bug I have ever seen too, OH, DON'T KISS IT." as she is licking a praying mantis.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagevictoria1212:

"PUT THE DOG POOP DOWN!"

"yes, that is the biggest bug I have ever seen too, OH, DON'T KISS IT." as she is licking a praying mantis.

I can relate to every single thing in that blog post. Also, victoria1212, this made me laugh, too.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers"
  • Options
    imagevictoria1212:

"PUT THE DOG POOP DOWN!"

It is amazing the things you would think are self-explanatory but aren't to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"