C-sections
Options

Well, relieved I guess...

I posted a frantic post earlier today in the 3rd Trimester board. But after reading a ton of posts on this board & the vbac board I feel a little better.

Today I had a doctor's appointment and found out my daughter is STILL transverse. After a couple of chiropractic therapy sessions with the Webster Technique, her head is STILL on the left side :( I am not dilated at all and I was just so disappointed. My doctor scheduled a c-section for me a month ago for two days after my due date. She asked today if I wanted to move up my c-section date, uhh no thanks. After all, I still want to try to have a vbac so I'm going to be pregnant up until two days after my due date.

As disappointed as I am, I think a planned 2nd c-section will be a lot better than going through the hell I went through with my first born. Literally 48 hours of painful back labor, TWO epidural placements because the first one "fell out", only dilating to 5cm, developed a fever and had tons of complications after. I guess it was an emergency c-section, but the crappiest part was that the second epidural never kicked in right away and I had to be PUT UNDER during the surgery. I didn't meet my son until the next day, it was awful. So you can tell why I wanted to have a vbac this time around. But hey, if my body doesn't want to have a natural labor... not much I can do right?

So now I am planning accordingly just in case she never comes on her own. This will be a lot easier on my hectic life anyway. I have a son whom I raise alone from a previous relationship, my boyfriend & I are still looking for an apartment for all of us to move in, and I don't like surprises much haha! Everything happens for a reason right? At least this time if I have a scheduled c-section I have a better packed hospital bag and I know exactly what I want my birth plan to be :)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Well, relieved I guess...

• Options

Hey mama, there is still lots of time!  Hopefully your baby will turn on his own.  If you are serious about wanting VBAC as an option, I would suggest not having a c/s scheduled so early.  If I had been in your shoes, my baby would not have had a chance as he was born at 41 weeks. 

If allowed, she WILL come on her own!!  I have a toddler also, and let me tell you recovering from a VBAC was much easier than the c/s recovery, but every woman/ experience is different.  I would talk to your providers and be allowed more time.  They are basically setting you up for an unnecessary surgery right now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageblf722:

Hey mama, there is still lots of time!  Hopefully your baby will turn on his own.  If you are serious about wanting VBAC as an option, I would suggest not having a c/s scheduled so early.  If I had been in your shoes, my baby would not have had a chance as he was born at 41 weeks. 

If allowed, she WILL come on her own!!  I have a toddler also, and let me tell you recovering from a VBAC was much easier than the c/s recovery, but every woman/ experience is different.  I would talk to your providers and be allowed more time.  They are basically setting you up for an unnecessary surgery right now.

You're so right! I was thinking about at least waiting until 41 weeks. I don't want to have the surgery... But then again I don't want to have another terrible labor that puts stress on my child. We'll see how things turn out. Everything is so up in the air right now ah!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"