High-Risk Pregnancy

potential of pcos?

hello--  i had a miscarriage in march 2011, at 9 weeks.  the more research i have done, the more i am convinced that i may have pcos that has never been treated or diagnosed by my doc, and could have led to my miscarriage.  i am currenty at 4.5 weeks with my second pregnancy.  what are the rates of miscarriage for women with untreated pcos?

Re: potential of pcos?

• I don't really know the rates of miscarriage for untreated PCOS, but I know that before finding out I had PCOS, and having a little extra help, I myself I had 2 miscarriages, but mine were also due to other health issues, so please do not think that this is the norm.  With this pregnancy I was working with an endocrinologist in order to get pregnant again and have a healthy early pregnancy.  Until I was 10 weeks I was taking progesterone vaginal suppositories so my hormone levels would stay healthy and my body would not gear up for my monthly visitor.  I would get in touch with a really good OB and try to get an appointment early, stressing the importance to them, and if they are not aware of your previous pregnancy, let them know about it, it may help you get in sooner.  Talk to the OB about the possibility of having your hormones checked and the possibility of taking progesterone if needed.  With my insurance it was really cheap to take.  I guess one upside of PCOS, if you would call it an upside, is that it is hormones, so with careful monitoring they can help get those hormones where they should be.

I know after having one miscarriage your stress level is high, but try to not stress as it does more bad than good, especially when you already have wacky hormone levels.  Just try to be proactive and find a good OB.  I will keep you in my prayers, and hope for sticky vibes for your baby. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"