Eco-Friendly Family

natural way to get rid of flies.

I like to keep my door open to the back porch but flies keep coming in my house. I was wondering if there is a way to ward of flies. 

DD#1 is 3! And LO#2 is on his/her way! Due Feb 26th, 2014.

BFP#1: EDD 5/7/2010 born on 5/20/2010. A little girl named Emily.  

BFP#2: m/c 10/29/2012 EDD was 6/21/2012 Baby Hope was 6 weeks 3 days. 

BFP#3: Twin B stopped growing at 8 weeks and 5 days. Found on 8/10/2014. EDD was 2/26/2014. Twin A is still doing great and due date is 2/26/14. 

Re: natural way to get rid of flies.

• Not attractive, but hang a clear bottle/jar full of water with a few pennies in it near the door.
    Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • imageCABunny:
    Not attractive, but hang a clear bottle/jar full of water with a few pennies in it near the door.

If it works then I am willing to try it!!! lol. I am tired of having flies in my home. 

DD#1 is 3! And LO#2 is on his/her way! Due Feb 26th, 2014.

BFP#1: EDD 5/7/2010 born on 5/20/2010. A little girl named Emily.  

BFP#2: m/c 10/29/2012 EDD was 6/21/2012 Baby Hope was 6 weeks 3 days. 

BFP#3: Twin B stopped growing at 8 weeks and 5 days. Found on 8/10/2014. EDD was 2/26/2014. Twin A is still doing great and due date is 2/26/14. 

• Loading the player...
  • We have an "Instant Screen Door" that works pretty well. I bought it at a hardware store, but its also sold in the skymall catalog. It just hangs from a tension rod so its easily removable and you don't need any tools to install it. 

https://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=102092231&c=

Married June '03. DS born Jan '09. DD born Feb '12. No, we didn't choose to be childless for the first 6 years, only the first 3.
  • I agree about hanging a bag of water, a lot of the restaurants with outdoor patios around here do it and it works wonders.

For getting rid of flies already in the house try this:

Put about an inch of apple cider vinegar in a bowl or jar with a few drops of dish soap.  Flies are attracted to the vinegar but can't get out because of the surface tension of the vinegar being broken by the soap.  If you cut the top 6" or so off of a 2 liter bottle and flip it upside down inside of the bottom half it'll help prevent them from flying out, too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"