Georgia Babies

Halloween Costumes

Last year I ordered DS's costume from onestepahead.com & loved it. I am not impressed by anything I've seen this year. I don't like the costumes from chain stores. I wanted to dress DS up as Mickey Mouse or a puppy, but DH doesn't like either idea. I'll probably end up doing one or the other because in the end he'll like it once he sees it on DS.

Where do you get costumes for your LO?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Halloween Costumes

• When Alec was 15 months, we dressed him as Darth Vader----it was a really cute costume. Now, I too struggle to find cute costumes.

I am making the kids' costumes this year. They are going as Pirates.

• Last year we got a Yoda costume from Amazon.  It was okay.  This year we bought a dinosaur costume from The Children's Place.  It's actually really great quality and was only $13!

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagemaykat:

I am making the kids' costumes this year. They are going as Pirates.

Brady is going to be a pirate, too!  :)  I thought about making his costume but I think I'm going to pull the "I'm too pregnant" card and just buy one if I can find one I love.  Can't wait to see what you come up with for your kids! 

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • DD is really into princesses so I'm making her a Rapunzel costume.  It will go into her dress-up collection after Halloween so it's kind of double-duty.

Is it me or does it seem like Halloween costumes have gotten more expensive!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • imageGTLawGirl:

Is it me or does it seem like Halloween costumes have gotten more expensive!

They have!  This is why I need to learn to sew!

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Last year Emma was a butterfly.  I got the costume from Childrens Place for around $10.  it was SO nice - really high quality.  This year she wanted to be Olivia, so we went with a Party City costume.  It's not nearly as nice, but it's what she picked out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Gavin wants to be Mario.  He's been saying so for at least 6 mos.  So I'm making it myself b/c the storebought ones seem like such poor quality and well... I mean, other than the hat, there's not much to it.  Sophie will either be a mushroom to go along with him or Princess Peach.  Haven't decided yet but I guess I better get going, huh?

• My lil guy will be a golfer this year. Pretty excited to say I got the costume, brand-new for $5 plus free shipping. Yay for deals!

Odds are pretty good that he'll pull the hat off in no time flat. My fingers are crossed we'll get one photo with it on.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I typically make mine and will be making them this year too.  But, have you checked out the FB selling page "New and Used Halloween Shop"?  check them out for some good deals!
  • When Abigail was just over a year old, she was little red riding hood. We got her costume at buycostumes.com for like $20. I mean it was superior quality, but its held up well. Last year, her godmother bought her a Minnie Mouse costume from Disneyland. It cost like $50, but she's worn that two Disneyland twice and for other occasions and its still in excellent condition. She's going to be Snow White this year and we'll spend about $50 on her costume from Disneyland just because we know she'll get a lot of wear out of it.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagewuhhoo:

My lil guy will be a golfer this year. Pretty excited to say I got the costume, brand-new for $5 plus free shipping. Yay for deals!

Odds are pretty good that he'll pull the hat off in no time flat. My fingers are crossed we'll get one photo with it on.

haha!  My son wore this costume 3 years ago when he was 13 months old.  I thought it was super cute - he wouldn't wear the hat, but he did carry the bag. :)

• imageMrs.Guz:
    When Abigail was just over a year old, she was little red riding hood. We got her costume at buycostumes.com for like $20. I mean it was superior quality, but its held up well. Last year, her godmother bought her a Minnie Mouse costume from Disneyland. It cost like $50, but she's worn that two Disneyland twice and for other occasions and its still in excellent condition. She's going to be Snow White this year and we'll spend about $50 on her costume from Disneyland just because we know she'll get a lot of wear out of it.

Some of those costumes are HILARIOUS!!

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/puffy-puppy-costume-baby/?pkey=challoween-costumes

Is this costume too girly? I know the baby is a girl, but I think the other child is a boy. I don't mind spending money for a good costume. His costume last year was $50 and he was only 4 months old.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMrs.Guz:
    When Abigail was just over a year old, she was little red riding hood. We got her costume at buycostumes.com for like $20. I mean it was superior quality, but its held up well. Last year, her godmother bought her a Minnie Mouse costume from Disneyland. It cost like $50, but she's worn that two Disneyland twice and for other occasions and its still in excellent condition. She's going to be Snow White this year and we'll spend about $50 on her costume from Disneyland just because we know she'll get a lot of wear out of it.

Not only did it hold up for Abigail, Juliette borrowed her costume (thank you Ms. Guz!) and it held up for at least three parties for her!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"