January 2011 Moms

Pull-ups edited: I meant SLIP-ONS lol

Has anyone tried the Huggies Slip-ons? Or something similar?

I just got a coupon in the mail and thought they must have been spying on me because it says it's for "squirmy babies who will not let you put their diapers on" lol....which is exactly what DD is. I have never heard of it before so I was wondering if you guys have used it, and is it just as good as the regular sposies?

ETA: Slip ons not pull ups haha

Re: Pull-ups edited: I meant SLIP-ONS lol

• I bought a pack for a day trip because I thought they would be easier and make the trip a little bit less difficult but I hated them.  It's almost impossible to pull them up around their little butts the right way while their laying down and wiggling.  I had to stand her up to pull them up and then she would get ticked off when I would try and dress her.  Not worth it IMO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have not tried them, but if I compare them to putting pants on LO, I don't see how it'd be any easier than a regular diaper. Getting her to stay still long enough to get two legs in her pants and up around her waist is a PITA. I can only imagine having to do it with a diaper and then again with pants/bloomers/shorts over that... for every single diaper change that day. No thanks.

ETA - I have used the Huggies Lil Swimmers, which I imagine are a similar design. Those were a pain in the butt, but we used them due to lack of an easier alternative.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsHollywood1023:
    I bought a pack for a day trip because I thought they would be easier and make the trip a little bit less difficult but I hated them.  It's almost impossible to pull them up around their little butts the right way while their laying down and wiggling.  I had to stand her up to pull them up and then she would get ticked off when I would try and dress her.  Not worth it IMO.

Sorry I meant slip-ons, I think pull ups are for kids that can walk? Not sure but supposedly slip-ons are new and should be easier? 

• imagemishu917:

imageMrsHollywood1023:
    I bought a pack for a day trip because I thought they would be easier and make the trip a little bit less difficult but I hated them.  It's almost impossible to pull them up around their little butts the right way while their laying down and wiggling.  I had to stand her up to pull them up and then she would get ticked off when I would try and dress her.  Not worth it IMO.

Sorry I meant slip-ons, I think pull ups are for kids that can walk? Not sure but supposedly slip-ons are new and should be easier? 

I figured that's what you meant, E is no where near big enough for pull ups LOL!  I'm talking about the Huggies Slip On diapers, they blow.  

• imageMrsHollywood1023:
    imagemishu917:

imageMrsHollywood1023:

I figured that's what you meant, E is no where near big enough for pull ups LOL!  I'm talking about the Huggies Slip On diapers, they blow.  

Thank you...so not even trying them lol. Sweet hurricane pointed out the correlation with swim diapers and I was like ahhhhhh

• Got us some to try them out, they fit really weird on LO, its like his butt is too big. Got his size in the slip on's as his regular diapers, maybe they fit different, I was unimpressed.
  • My mom bought a small pack when they went shopping and left the diaper bag in the car but needed a diaper ASAP. I used 1 since and hated them. I still have them in case I ever run out but hope I never have to use them again. It's hard to get them up.
  • I just bought some yesterday, and tried one on DS last night... they're okay. Not awesome, but we'll use them for when we go out. About 6 weeks ago some noisy teenagers scared the bejeezus out of the poor little guy while I was changing his diaper, and since then he's had a phobia of public bathrooms- even at home changing can be difficult. Anyway, he screams the moment we set him down, so it's easier for us to whip the diaper off and lay him down only long enough to wipe and put the new diaper on. Standing him up to pull the new on on works for us because he starts calming down as soon as he's up.
  • imageFergie+1:
    I just bought some yesterday, and tried one on DS last night... they're okay. Not awesome, but we'll use them for when we go out. About 6 weeks ago some noisy teenagers scared the bejeezus out of the poor little guy while I was changing his diaper, and since then he's had a phobia of public bathrooms- even at home changing can be difficult. Anyway, he screams the moment we set him down, so it's easier for us to whip the diaper off and lay him down only long enough to wipe and put the new diaper on. Standing him up to pull the new on on works for us because he starts calming down as soon as he's up.
    Oh my, that is terrible. Poor thing. 
  • imageFergie+1:
    I just bought some yesterday, and tried one on DS last night... they're okay. Not awesome, but we'll use them for when we go out. About 6 weeks ago some noisy teenagers scared the bejeezus out of the poor little guy while I was changing his diaper, and since then he's had a phobia of public bathrooms- even at home changing can be difficult. Anyway, he screams the moment we set him down, so it's easier for us to whip the diaper off and lay him down only long enough to wipe and put the new diaper on. Standing him up to pull the new on on works for us because he starts calming down as soon as he's up.

We had a similar experience. These two ladies were yelling between two stalls and then they came out and were washing their hands and using the electric dryer while yelling over the noise. DD went nuts and ever since then I cannot change her in public without her causing a scene.

• I bought some Huggies Slip On in size 4s because I was curious to try them out. I had a coupon and I got them for a really good deal. It was a struggle to put them on her. She has chubby thighs so pulling it up was quite some work and then having to adjust them. Then she exploded out of her diaper. Haha it wasn't fun. 
    (Me) 30 & (DH) 32 {Together 11 years - Married 04.17.15}

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    TTC Baby #2 since 06/15 | BFP 9/4/15 | EDD 5/07/16

BabyGaga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"