High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Is anyone else doing BR with a toddler?

I'm really dying.  I just put DD to bed & I'm about to cry.  DH has been at work for the past 36 hours straight.  DD was just MONSTRUOUS today.  Like all day long.  I took her straight upstairs after dinner (mostly because she put too much food in her mouth & threw up on herself & I had to clean her...after I'd given her a shower 2 hours before).  I'm back downstairs & there is food all over the table, food all over the floor, pots & pans & leftover food on the stove and counter, a sink full of dishes, a full, clean dishwasher (of course!), and bags of un-put-away groceries all over the floor.

I don't have any neighbor teenagers to ask for help (we don't live in that nice of an area), and both sets of grandparents live an hour away.  My ILs work full-time, and my mom will come if I ask her, but not every day and she always makes me feel like it's a big "sacrifice" to come (I know it's inconvenient, I'm not stupid).  My sister lives nearby, but she's more pregnant than I am!

DD is still getting over a nasty cold that she's had for almost a week, and DH & I both had some weird stomach bug over the weekend.  I wound up back in L&D because the fever was giving me contractions like 2 mins apart.  And I think DD is partly being so terrible because she still doesn't feel right, and partly because we let her watch tv a lot when we were all sick.  I didn't turn the tv on once today.  Idk if it's withdrawal or what.  She's 3, and has more bratty days than not to begin with, but today just killed me.  I feel like crap.

I'm mostly venting to keep myself from sitting on the couch in the dark crying, but also wondering if anyone else is doing bedrest with a toddler and how you are managing.  I must say that I'm not "resting" even close to as much as I'm supposed to be.  I'm still having a good amount of contractions all day long.  By the nighttime, they've usually caught up to me & are running anywhere from every 10 to every 2 minutes. :(

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Is anyone else doing BR with a toddler?

• Options

OH my!!! I"m so sorry, I'm not in your situation "yet" but I just wanted to tell you to keep your chin up and to go SIT DOWN and forget about the kitchen. It will all be there tomorrow and you'll have a fresh start.

HUGS

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Bedrest with a toddler is extremely hard to do.  This is only my second week of it but it has been hard on both DH and I.  Luckly DS goes to preschool one day a week and then my aunt and mom both watch him one day/wk.  It really helps.  I would have your mother come over as much as possible.  Even if she makes it seem like a big sacrifice, it's for the good of your baby and also your sanity. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Leave the kitchen, sit down, and take a break. Maybe hire someone to come clean and cook if you cant find a babysitter? I put my son in daycare a few days a week, and have someone come to clean two times a week. Instead of lots and lots of tv (nothing wrong with letting your kids watch it) we spend alot of time reading books, and coloring. 

We do half days at daycare and that helped A LOT, He goes in at 8am, and my fiance picks him up at 1 on his lunch break.  He doesnt get to nap at daycare so when he comes home he naps from 1 till 230, and it gives me time to rest, clean, and cook. It has brought my stress down A LOT. I don't feel like its a bad thing to send him to daycare because he loves to be social, and has made a ton of friends. I know we could be saving money since I am a sahm, but keeping me relaxed, and off my feet is worth the money in the long run. 

• Options

My DD is 3.5 and she's in preschool 5 days a week until 2:45 then my mom picks her up and brings her home and hangs out with her until DH gets home. My mom recently retired so she is basically stepping in to my role for now. DD LOVES school and it's good for her to be there and helps me a lot. 

I agree with the others though, leave the housework and everything else.

image image

• Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, ladies.  I guess I'll ask my mother to come more.  I'm just afraid if I ask too much now, she won't come after the baby's born as much.  And since I make more $$ than DH, because I was taken out of work early $$ is really tight and we don't have enough to pay someone to clean or babysit, and certainly not enough for daycare or preschool right now.  I'm almost 33 weeks, so I guess I'll just have to use up my mom for the next 2-3 weeks and hope that she forgets about it in the 4 weeks before the baby is born!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hang in the there, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate.  I am going on my 4th week with my just turned 2 year old.  After a couple of days, we realized we needed help and luckily my mom has been able to help us out.  Just keep telling yourself that this too shall pass! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I might think about looking into day care still. We toured a couple of diffrent ones, and our son fell inlove with one. He is normaly a very shy kid, but the min we walked into the class room he wanted the teacher, the other kids, and has been doing great in it. We pay 79 a week for two half days, including breakfast, lunch and snacks, and going to full week is only 150. The school has been amazing, and my son loves it, he wakes up early on the days he goes and runs to get dressed and go.

If your mom makes you feel uncomfortable to come as much as you need her can she stay over night to make it easyer? Or send DD with her for a few days?,

I am just on mod bedrest, and my fiance is home every night at 5 ready to clean, and take care of anything so I can rest. I can't imagine not having any help for 2 days. 

• Options
    Please, just let the toddler watch tv or pop in a dvd!  Then, you need to kick back on the sofa or in the bed and relax! I'm not in your situation, but I'm sure it is very tough.  Cook quick or easy meals- pop some chicken and potatoes in the oven and open up a can of green beans.  Also, it is ok to fall behind on the chores.  Load the diswasher, clear the kitchen counters, and sweep up before you go to bed/ after the toddler is asleep. That's it!  Don't do anything else!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"