Food Allergy
Options

First test ?

We are heading to the pedi tomorrow for a well child visit.  Should I request a RAST test?  I'm thinking that they won't even do it, at least not tomorrow.  Or should I just head straight to an allergist and get the skin prick test?  I'm 99% sure there's a dairy allergy, with persistant eczema and some hives. 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: First test ?

• Options

if you're going for his first year well test, they will most likely draw blood.  You can ask your pedi if she can do a RAST test at the same time (that's what my pedi did) instead of having your LO go through it twice.  But i did it after a skin test, which most doctors want to do first.

I would bring it to her attention and see what she thinks. Some pedis can do it and some prefer to send you to an allergist.  If that's the case, i would ask her if it's a good idea for her to not draw any blood (for the well visit) and wait until you see an allergist. 

With my first test, i was sent to a lab and they couldn't draw his blood (they put the needle in his little arm about 10 times before i said enough).  I took him to my pedi where she drew the blood (no issues) and she used that same blood for his visit. It was a month early but she said it was fine.

good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"