Georgia Babies
Options

Carseat question

I know this question has been asked many times but I can't remember the consensus. Where did you put the convertible and infant carseats once number 2 came along? TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Carseat question

• Options

For the most part, I had the infant seat in the middle, and the Convertible behind the passenger. 

I think I started with the infant behind the driver, but didn't like it.  And once I knew Jax wasn't going to torture Cooper I moved him.

Now I have Coop behind the driver, and Jax behind the passenger. 

• Options
    Infant behind driver and Convertible behind passenger
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagefrlcb:
    Infant behind driver and Convertible behind passenger

Ditto.  We have captain's chairs now, but even when we had a bench (and no third row), I could never have put my toddler directly next to an infant - didn't trust him!  Like if the toddler had a snack, I didn't know for.sure that he would NOT give him a cracker, or wouldn't put a blanket over his face (couldn't expect my 18 month old to understand), or even just poke him and wake him up if he fell asleep. 

Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    Right now I have the toddler (3 years) behind the passenger seat so I can hand her stuff while I am driving and I have the baby in the middle.  But since he almost a year old I may move him behind the driver seat (they torment each other in the car).  The only thing I don't like about that is that no one can really ride with us unless they jump in between the two carseats. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageAlison422:
     The only thing I don't like about that is that no one can really ride with us unless they jump in between the two carseats. 

this exactly.  that's why i waited to move him.   

• Options
    We have tried every combination possible.  Since Sophie hated the car for the first 4-5 mos, I really wanted her to be in the middle with Gavin on one side so that I could still sit back there w/ her and calm her down when I needed to.  But we could never get both seats in securely that way or if we did, one always seem tilted to the side.  So both cars have them on each side.  If I really have to, I can squeeze my big butt in the middle to deal with her... but getting back out is always interesting :-)  As for which side, I don't think it matters... Sophie is behind the driver in my car and its the opposite in DH's car.  If you're short on leg room, then it's probably best to put the RF carseat behind the passenger.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"