Military Families

Learning the acronyms?

Hello,

DH is new to the Air Force and I was wondering if there is a cheat sheet for all of the acronyms used. Sometimes I feel like I am reading another language when it comes to the military acronyms!

Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Learning the acronyms?

• Hmmm I wonder. I bet you could google it.

Do you have any off hand you're wondering about? It just took time for me listening and reading them to get them down and I STILL dont know them all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Here's a good one,

just scroll down to see the acronyms.

https://www.airforcewriter.com/acro.htm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That is great! Thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I know when I married my H last summer he had downloaded a packet of information for me. It was an introduction into the AF and had a bunch of useful information. It included a few pages of the most used acronyms. I don't have the link on this computer, but it might be on my H's. I'll check when he gets home tonight and if I still have it I'll pm you the link. You could also check with Family Readiness, they might have something welcoming you, the spouse to the AF.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DH is in the Army, but I wish that I had a cheat sheet. The book "Married to the Military" helped with some, others I just picked up, but some are so confusing and sometimes two things will have the same acronym. AGH! Good luck to you. You'll learn them soon enough.
    BabyFruit Ticker

PCOS--TTC since 11/2010:   
    5 cycles of Clomid: all BFN, 1 cycle of Follistim:CP
    1 year break thanks to deployment.
    1 cycle Follistim: BFN, Lap to remove peritubal cyst May 2013
    2 cycles Follistim + trigger: BFN, Gonal F +IUI April 2014: BFP!!!!!! 

Boy/Girl Twins due Jan 5, 2015!!! 

• This has about 3 pages of the most common acronyms. I found this PDF helpful when I got married last year.

https://www.eielson.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-070821-102.pdf

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"