Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Broken Record - when did you first hear hb on home doppler?

Sorry for sounding like a broken record: 

We received the sonoline B today (thought it would take longer!) and tried to find baby.... but nothing :( I wasn't expecting anything so I don't know why I am bummed! Duhhh..... so now we're going to wait at least 4-5 days.

When did you start trying to find it, and when did you actually get it?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Broken Record - when did you first hear hb on home doppler?

• Options

With the one at the OB office they didn't hear anything till like 11 weeks. GL

*BFP m/c  *BFP b/g twins *S/B 20w  *BFP DS A  1-12-12  *BFP m/c  *BFP m/c  *BFP *It's a boy again* EDD 2-5-14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    Not until about 11 weeks. I made myself stop trying b/c it was making me worried. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was too nervous to even try before 11 weeks, but once I tried, I found it right away. 
    BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I got my doppler sometime during week 8 and couldn't find anything. I tried again today at 10w4d and found it pretty easily. LO does move around more than I thought he/she would.

ETA: I had an ob appt at 10w1d and the md wouldn't try the doppler. She said it was too early so she did an u/s instead.
  • Options
    I would wait until you've heard it at the OB office.  Other wise you may driver yourself bat sh!t crazy worrying why you cant ...
  • Options
    I was able to find LOs HB at about 8 1/2-9 weeks. I had to go EXTREMLY low and had a lot of patience. Looking at YouTube videos helped, hearing the difference between my heartbeat and what LOs sounds like was very helpful. Good luck, and if you can't find it, try not worry it's still is very very early and it was pretty rare that I was able to hear it so early...but it is possible :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1-02/21/11 Missed M/C Twins-03/25/11 EDD-11/04/11
    BFP#2-10dpo- 05/27/11 EDD 02/03/12
    Our miracle Aidan James born 01/25/12!!
  • Options
    I think it's still probably too early for you...We had to do 3 u/s (one at 6w, one at 7w, and one at 12w) before we could HEAR the hb.  We could see it, but not hear it.  So I just got my doppler today and I'm 12w5d, and I was able to find it after a few attempts.  I would wait until you hear it at the OB if you haven't already.  Also, just a tip that I noticed, and I'm not sure if it's for every one, but I found that having a full bladder made finding it easier...maybe it was just a coincidence, but I had a little trouble finding it this afternoon, but when I did it later at night for DH I made sure to have a full bladder and I found it immediately.  Just wait a few weeks, trust me, it'll be worth it :)  Good luck!
  • Options
    I looked when I got mine 7 / 8 weeks for a long time and got nothing. Tried at 9 weeks found it right away!
  • Options

With Gabe, I tried around 10 1/2 weeks and found it after a long time of very patient surfing, very, very low.  And it would be for a very brief period only.  And it was in no way consistent for another couple of weeks.  Once I was in second tri, it was easier to find him regularly, both because my uterus was bigger/higher and he was bigger, and I had gotten used to figuring out where the placenta was and tracking him from there.

I really wouldn't try before 10 weeks unless you are very petite and can easily find your uterus.  It's really difficult to pin them down when they are so small and you are limited by your uterus still being in your pelvic cavity.  Once it starts to rise you'll have better luck.

Also, what helped me was propping my hips up, so I could get to my uterus more easily, having a full bladder, copious amounts of the gel (and the u/s gel worked better than most alternatives, especially early on).  You need to press harder than you think and you need to move very, very slowly.  If you can find the placenta (sounds like wind in the trees, more whooshing), move slowly from there, baby should be nearby.  Of course, baby could be right under the placenta and until he/she is bigger, the placenta can cover the h/b.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

My Blog

• Options
    I don't have a home one, but my family doc doesn't like trying until 16 weeks because if the baby isn't cresting over the cervix it can be really tricky to find and she doesn't like freaking out mom's to be! I made her try anyhow at 12.5 weeks and she couldn't hear anything. At 13. 3 weeks my midwife found it, saying it was helpful that I had a full bladder.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't want to try until my OB could find the HBs with her doppler since she's an expert and I'm obviously not. At 10 weeks and 14 weeks she couldn't find them. Finally at 16 weeks she could so I tried and I found them. 
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options
    I tried at 10w4d and 10w5d and couldn't find anything. I found it after a LOT of searching at 10w6d. I think it's probably quite a bit early for you still, I wouldn't freak out about it just yet.
  • Options

I tried at 8w5d with not luck but was able to find it at 8w6d without a problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"