Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Need advice quick! No Paci

DD is in bed I decided to go cold turkey on the paci at bed time.. Shes in her bed fussing now.. Do I cave if it gets completely horrible??  Or just suffer a few nights? Im sooo nervous.. shes already crying.. 

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Need advice quick! No Paci

• Options
    If you cave then you might have a harder time next time because she knows you're a sucker for her crying. Maybe try other ways to comfort her if she gets overly upset. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you cave, she's going to know that she just has to cry long enough to get what she wants. It's not going to actually solve anything. If you want to go cold turkey then you need to be prepared for crying.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesugarland726:
    If you cave, she's going to know that she just has to cry long enough to get what she wants. It's not going to actually solve anything. If you want to go cold turkey then you need to be prepared for crying.

This.  Throw them all in the trash!  DO IT NOW!  Then you don't have the option to cave.  She will be fine.  No kid ever died from lack of paci. 

Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Options
    I was in your shoes a few weeks ago... THROW THEM AWAY so you have no chance to cave!! By day 3 it is over!! You can do it!!!!!
  • Options
    How did it go? It's probably good I didn't read this last night. I had planned on weaning the paci when my LO was 1. However, I caved on the first night and am glad I did. She weaned herself at 17 months and there was no fussing over it. In fact, she found an old pacifier last week and put it in her mouth and sucked on it for 2 sucks and then pulled it out and handed it to me.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP May 2017. 
    BFP July 2014. Low Progesterone. DS born by repeat c-section for breech presentation.
    BFP November 2011 TWINS!!!. Lost a twin at 7 weeks. DS born VBAC.
    BFP July 2009. DD born via c/section for breech presentation.
    BFP Jan. 2009. Missed miscarriage at 9 weeks.D&C March 2010
    December 2009 - Diagnosed with bicornuate uterus.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"