Washington Babies

Please recommend your Kirkland or Bellevue OB

Thanks so much, ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Please recommend your Kirkland or Bellevue OB

• I used the midwives at the Center for Women's Health at Evergreen.  They were great.

I recently had surgery with Dr Asaria, an OB in the same office, and she was great as well but I haven't had her for a pregnancy / delivery.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Dr. Dydell at Eastside OB.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm with the Midwives and the Center for Women's Health at Evergreen, as well.  I had a positive experience with my daughter with Dr. Dawn Russel and Evergreen Women's Care.  This next labor will be very fast and I want the least amount of interventions possible, so that's why I'm going with the Midwives this time.  Dr. Russell was great though!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I loved Dr. Schocket with Evergreen Women's Health.  I liked that she had a sense of humor and listened to all the questions of a first time mom with patience. 
    J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dr. Fallah with a Women's Clinic at Evergreen was awesome!
  • Dr Kristin Graham or Dr Haines at overlake ob/gyn both are incredible!!!
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Dr. Hal Zimmer at Bellegrove OB/GYN. He delivered me and now he's delivering my baby!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• I used A Women's clinic at Evergreen. There were several different doctors that I worked with.  Dr. Robertson was my doc.  I personally didn't love her. She was kind of pushy and know-it-all-ish. I know she's a Dr. and has been doing this for years and years, but she was kind of condescending whenever I'd ask questions that apparently were stupid questions.  BUT.....there were others in that clinic that were great!!!  Dr. Bonnie Gong was actually the one who delivered my baby and I will go back to her for #2. She was amazing.  She helped me through my natural birth with no interventions. She respected me and coached me along during the hard parts. I would absolutely recommend her to my best friend. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go to Dr. Mary Beth Wittman at Eastside OBGYN and love her. I had nothing but good experiences with her and her office. Her offices are right there at Evergreen.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers photo
  • Elisabeth Anton at Bellegrove OBGYN (bellegroveobgyn.com)
  • I'm with the midwives at the Puget Sound Birth Center- they're fantastic and the location in Totem Lake/Kirkland is great. It's right by Evergreen.
  • imagetfarabians:
    Dr Kristin Graham or Dr Haines at overlake ob/gyn both are incredible!!!

Agreed!  I have Dr. Haines and he actually delivered two of my babies.  Their practice also has a number of mid-wives if you choose to go that route. 

• dr mary tsuang at evergreen. i've only been pregnant for a few months, but so far, no problems, and i like her a lot.

• Hi Kaskade,

I'm also a firsty at this pregnancy thing. I'm just 5 weeks along and just made my first apt with Dr. Schocket. I've never met her but I figured if she was rated the best Dr by 425 Magazine that she must be pretty good. Did you find her to be personal with you? Did you meet other Dr.s in the office when she wasn't available for apts? Did she deliver your baby? 

Thanks!  

• imageAmeliasoon2beFiduccia:

Hi Kaskade,

I'm also a firsty at this pregnancy thing. I'm just 5 weeks along and just made my first apt with Dr. Schocket. I've never met her but I figured if she was rated the best Dr by 425 Magazine that she must be pretty good. Did you find her to be personal with you? Did you meet other Dr.s in the office when she wasn't available for apts? Did she deliver your baby? 

Thanks!  

She was very personable and great with DH too, as he came to every appointment.  I met with one other doc post birth and a nurse practitioner, and had good experiences with them too.  I ended up with a low fluid breech baby, so a scheduled c-section a week before due date.  Dr. Schockett performed the c-section and was amazing - kept me calm, went along with my plan and sense of humor :)

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetfarabians:
    Dr Kristin Graham or Dr Haines at overlake ob/gyn both are incredible!!!

Tiff I'm glad you liked them.  I'm with the MW at this group and so far very happy.  There are 2 of them and you alternate each visit.  I am trying to deliver at Swedish in Issaquah so I chose based on that, but I'm happy with my decision so far.

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Honestly, there isn't much of a choice in Bellevue - the two groups are Overlake OB and Bellegrove OB. (Please add if you know of more.)

I'm having a planned c-section, so I had to find a group of MDs. I went with Dr. Brown at Bellgrove OB. They are a busy practice, but my appts usually start pretty much on time. There is a blood lab and an ultrasound tech in office. (With Overlake, you have to go out of office.) The waiting room is clean and well organized, with a mega aquarium and extremely annoying tvs with pre-set programming (I HATE THOSE).

I like Dr. Brown. She is pretty straightforward and unfazed by my age (43) and weight (plus). I've had a very easy pregnancy so far, except for extreme nausea for the first 5 months. She was happy to prescribe anti-nausea pills.

Overall, I feel like the care is good, not great. I don't get warm fuzzies from Dr. Brown or the staff, though they are are all obviously great at their jobs. Getting lab results is a hassle every time (the automated system doesn't like me.) I'm not sure how much time she is taking to look over my case. But, so far, so good.

I did meet with a Dr. from Overlake OB (at Issaquah) first. Although the info packet was better, I was put off by the Dr's inability to look me in the eye. I asked about amnio testing (again, I'm 43) and I got a lecture about how many couples would be thrilled to adopt a down syndrom baby. What? I just wanted to know my general risk numbers, and how risky an amnio is these days. Also, the Issaquah office is HORRIBLE.

I would think about a birthing center around here. (Except of course, if I'd been in a birthing center the first time around, I and/or my DD might not have survived the birth, which started out uncomplicated and progressively got more dire as tiime went on.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"