Missouri Babies
Options

ob/hospitals?

Hey ladies,

So I am fairly new to the area and need to know what are the best Dr. and hospital in Kansas City.  I have medicaid and don't even know where to begin searching.  Thanks so much! 

Re: ob/hospitals?

• Options
    mm&mmmm&mm member

What part of the city or what suburb are you in? That might help narrow down choices.

I delivered at Liberty Hospital and saw doctors at Northland Obgyn, associated with the hospital. I would definitely recommend the practice and the hospital.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Olathe Medical & the OBs associated with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just delivered at St. Lukes NOrthland by an OB from the practice that I go to  (Northland Women's healthcare, they have privileges to serve patients at the hospital). I had a great experience, the nurses were great. They have a great Lactation Consultant plus lots of classes and support groups.

Dr. Hartung and Dr. Driskell were on call during my labor and they were both great but the nurses were really supportive and more involved in the process. My primary OB was Dr. Abney. She was very well informed and supportive and open to my questions. The only issue is that if you want to use bradley method they will refer you to another doctor. I didn't know what the Bradley method was before I started seeing them but I was dissapointed by that when I started looking in to labor and delivery education classes because the Bradley method sounded like the method I would be best suited to. I didn't want to change physicians half way through my pregnancy so I ended up just doing the hospital childbirth class, which was very educational.

I don't know about medicaid but I am sure if you call they can answer your questions.

• Options
    There is a brand new stand-alone birthing center in Overland Park, called New Birth Company. They do natural births and water births, I'm excited to check them out.
    April 2012 Mamas Blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Look! I put the diaper on the baby! image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    If you dont mind driving a little Dr. Emily Steinbis @ KU Medical Center is AMAZING! I loved her and the hospital and staff. They took such good care of me during my pregnancy (I was high risk) and my baby after. She has a heart condition and I know she is in good hands there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"