Canada Babies

Intro

Hi Ladies,

I just found this board and wanted to introduce myself to some other moms/moms to be in Canada.

I am an English expat, and have been living in Canada now for 6 years. I am expecting my 1st baby on Dec 3rd, and I am very excited and nervous to be a FTM.

I live in Aurora in the GTA, and I am on sick leave, and spend a lot of my time on my month board, but it would be nice to also connect with people in Canada.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

Re: Intro

• Welcome to the board. I wish this board wasn't so hidden. I'm currently in TTA a mode for 2 more cycles because I'm going on my honeymoon in November.

• Welcome! I bet it'll be fun to have a new baby on Christmas. Smile
    Nevermind me, I'm too distracted by my mini-carrots to think properly image
    ~Fitness Blog~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemegs2011:
    Welcome to the board. I wish this board wasn't so hidden. I'm currently in TTA a mode for 2 more cycles because I'm going on my honeymoon in November.

Hi, congratulations on your wedding and honeymoon, good luck for when you start to TTC, I was trying for 6 months before my BFP  (and TTA for the 3 months prior due to medical issues) so I know how frustrating it can be.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• imageJinnifah:
    Welcome! I bet it'll be fun to have a new baby on Christmas. Smile

Thank you, I am very excited, christmas is my favorite holiday and my family will be coming over from England to see the baby, I can't wait Smile.

Congratulations to you too, is this your first?

• imageNNGnome:

imagemegs2011:
    Welcome to the board. I wish this board wasn't so hidden. I'm currently in TTA a mode for 2 more cycles because I'm going on my honeymoon in November.

Hi, congratulations on your wedding and honeymoon, good luck for when you start to TTC, I was trying for 6 months before my BFP  (and TTA for the 3 months prior due to medical issues) so I know how frustrating it can be.

Thank you and congrats to you as well. Not too much longer untill you have your baby in your arms. I bet you're really excited!! I would be.

I am really looking forward to my honeymoon so we can get on the babymaking train already. I thought I was pregnant last cycle (I ovulated early to my surprise) and I was really disappointed when AF showed up (stupid phantom symptoms!). Now, I'm in a struggle as to whether or not we should continue to TTA or let what happens happen.

• imagemegs2011:
    imageNNGnome:

imagemegs2011:

Thank you and congrats to you as well. Not too much longer untill you have your baby in your arms. I bet you're really excited!! I would be.

I am really looking forward to my honeymoon so we can get on the babymaking train already. I thought I was pregnant last cycle (I ovulated early to my surprise) and I was really disappointed when AF showed up (stupid phantom symptoms!). Now, I'm in a struggle as to whether or not we should continue to TTA or let what happens happen.

Thank you, I am, I think he is too, he is kicking me like crazy :)

I know the frustration you are feeling, I think it was easier for me, as the medication I was on could have caused birth defects, so however much I wanted to start TTC I had to wait, but it was still very frustrating, escpecially around O when I new we could be trying, but we weren't, if I were you though I would honestly try to wait, my worst morning sickness symptoms were from wk 6-12 and I felt awfull, I would have hated feeling like that and not enjoying my honeymoon, although I don't know if that would have stopped me Wink.

• Welcome!  I'm also new to the board, although I don't get a chance to get on here much (work is seeing to that!).  I am from the Edmonton area, and we are working on TTC #2. 
    TTC #2 since 06/10
  • I just found this board now too!

Hi everyone! I'm expecting in May 2012, and this is our first. It was totally unexpected, but of course we are pretty excited about everything.

We are in Woodstock, ON. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNNGnome:

I know the frustration you are feeling, I think it was easier for me, as the medication I was on could have caused birth defects, so however much I wanted to start TTC I had to wait, but it was still very frustrating, escpecially around O when I new we could be trying, but we weren't, if I were you though I would honestly try to wait, my worst morning sickness symptoms were from wk 6-12 and I felt awfull, I would have hated feeling like that and not enjoying my honeymoon, although I don't know if that would have stopped me Wink.

See this is why I am torn. I want to be able to drink and enjoy my honeymoon without the fear of m/s but I also don't want to wait incase it takes longer to get pregnant. DH wanted to try right after the wedding.. but he doesn't have to deal with potential morning sickness. It doesn't seem like a long time to wait. I have this cycle and the next to TTA and then we can start TTC on our honeymoon. But it feels like a life time away bc I want to be pregnant now.

• imagemegs2011:
    imageNNGnome:

See this is why I am torn. I want to be able to drink and enjoy my honeymoon without the fear of m/s but I also don't want to wait incase it takes longer to get pregnant. DH wanted to try right after the wedding.. but he doesn't have to deal with potential morning sickness. It doesn't seem like a long time to wait. I have this cycle and the next to TTA and then we can start TTC on our honeymoon. But it feels like a life time away bc I want to be pregnant now.

I know it's really frustrating, I lived vicariously though the people on the TTGP board, which helped a little, and also looked at it like a learning experience, I was in a much better position to try when we started than many people as I had already got the hang of charting and new what my body was doing more. Good luck and hang in there, two month will fly by (or you could just wait one month, as if you did get PG the month before, you probably won't have MS by the time you are on your honeymoon..Devil)

• imageNNGnome:

imageJinnifah:
    Welcome! I bet it'll be fun to have a new baby on Christmas. Smile

Thank you, I am very excited, christmas is my favorite holiday and my family will be coming over from England to see the baby, I can't wait Smile.

Congratulations to you too, is this your first?

It is yes. We're both really excited. Due in May :) 

Nevermind me, I'm too distracted by my mini-carrots to think properly image
    ~Fitness Blog~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome to the board. Congrats as well to be waiting for your new arrival. 

I'm also a Canadian mama on the Dec 2011 board :) Due Dec 1st. Looks like we almost share the same EDD. Very exiciting. Hope to get to know you on either  board.

I live in Nothern Alberta, and also spend as much time as I have to spare on the Dec 2011 board. Hope you enjoy this one. The women are super nice and very supportive.

Blake in BW 6 months Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 1RememberingMiloJuly1st2012
  • imageLaurierGirl28:

I just found this board now too!

Hi everyone! I'm expecting in May 2012, and this is our first. It was totally unexpected, but of course we are pretty excited about everything.

We are in Woodstock, ON. 

Welcome Laurier and NNGnome. We have been TTC for 4 months and live in Hamilton ON. I have extremely long and irregular cycles since coming off BCP's and even before (10 yrs ago). I am undergoing testing with my Dr. to see if I am favourable for Provera to start a new cycle. Unless of course, by some miracle, I really did O when FF says I did and O-4 BD is enough for it to happen. FX, but hopes not high. Appt Tuesday with Dr. to find out results of Ultrasound.

Megs, I get you. We just got married in May and I wanted to be pregnant at the wedding.

• imageAmandaBoud2011:
    imageLaurierGirl28:

We are in Woodstock, ON. 

Welcome Laurier and NNGnome. We have been TTC for 4 months and live in Hamilton ON. I have extremely long and irregular cycles since coming off BCP's and even before (10 yrs ago). I am undergoing testing with my Dr. to see if I am favourable for Provera to start a new cycle. Unless of course, by some miracle, I really did O when FF says I did and O-4 BD is enough for it to happen. FX, but hopes not high. Appt Tuesday with Dr. to find out results of Ultrasound.

Megs, I get you. We just got married in May and I wanted to be pregnant at the wedding.

Hi, Thank you, not sure whether it will help, or if you have tried it, but I had really irregular cycles and a short LP (cycles ranged from 26-65 days), and I was scheduled to go to the fertility clinic to start testing when I decided to go to a Naturopath to see if it would help (I also have bad allergies and was able to come off antihistmines the same week as changing my diet as she suggested). I am usually quite sceptical of this kind of treatment, but the month I started the treatment from the Naturopath was the month I got pregnant, and I never made it to the fertitlity clinic. I think it has more to do with taking some of the stress off my body, but I think you never now what might help.

Good luck with the ultrasound.

• imagemegs2011:

I know, it will be here before you know it, maybe you can start planning activities for your honeymoon to take you mind off it...non-baby making activities that is Wink

• imageFrostycake2011:

Welcome to the board. Congrats as well to be waiting for your new arrival. 

I'm also a Canadian mama on the Dec 2011 board :) Due Dec 1st. Looks like we almost share the same EDD. Very exiciting. Hope to get to know you on either  board.

I live in Nothern Alberta, and also spend as much time as I have to spare on the Dec 2011 board. Hope you enjoy this one. The women are super nice and very supportive.

Hi, I think I have seen you on the board, congratulations to you too, I am on there all the time, but I am a bit of a sporadic poster, there seem to be quite a few Canadian mums on the Dec board, but it's nice to have our own board too :)

• Yay new people!

Welcome everyone.

I'm also in Hamilton and expecting our first.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageNNGnome:

imagemegs2011:

I know, it will be here before you know it, maybe you can start planning activities for your honeymoon to take you mind off it...non-baby making activities that is Wink

I'm hoping that with my sports starting up this week, I'll be thinking about that instead of babymaking :P

• imageNNGnome:
    imageAmandaBoud2011:
    imageLaurierGirl28:

We are in Woodstock, ON. 

Hi, Thank you, not sure whether it will help, or if you have tried it, but I had really irregular cycles and a short LP (cycles ranged from 26-65 days), and I was scheduled to go to the fertility clinic to start testing when I decided to go to a Naturopath to see if it would help (I also have bad allergies and was able to come off antihistmines the same week as changing my diet as she suggested). I am usually quite sceptical of this kind of treatment, but the month I started the treatment from the Naturopath was the month I got pregnant, and I never made it to the fertitlity clinic. I think it has more to do with taking some of the stress off my body, but I think you never now what might help.

Good luck with the ultrasound.

Hey Thanks for the input. I was thinking about going to do some accupuncture, and perhaps TCM before going to a Fertility Clinic. I'm seeing my Dr tomorrow so hopefully I will get a chance to talk to him about it. I never thought about a Naturopath though, so maybe. I'll look into it. Thanks!

• Hi to all the new people! H and I are TTC #1 and this will be our 3rd cycle. We live in the Kitchener, Ontario area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"