Georgia Babies
Options

Apple Picking Orchard recomendations

Sorry I looked back for the old thread about orchards.  For some reason I can't look back more than 13 pages and I couldn't find it.

I remember there was one with more children's activities and one with better apple picking.  I can't for the life of me remember the names.

Thanks!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Apple Picking Orchard recomendations

• Options
    I've heard good things about Hillcrest Orchards and Mercier Orchards, but haven't been to either one personally. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we just went to bj reece which is right near hillcrest and we realy liked it.  they had an apple launcher (where you basically shoot apples out of this cannon thing at targets, it was badass), hay ride, petting zoo and a little store.  I recommend going early when it first opens, by the time we left there was a long line to check-in which means there were probably long lines at the apple launcher and hay ride.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We also went to BJ Reece.  It was a lot of fun, especially the petting zoo area.  One thing to note is that the hayride is on the other side of the road (and a short walk up a hill), not on the same side as the entrance .  Hillcrest is also very close to it.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

As a local, I would reccomend BJ Reece as well.

Merciers is nice, and while I will visit them during lunch to grab some muffins and lunch, its a PITA to get in and out of the parking lot...so many accidents there because of the location...I am also routinely overcharged there.  Its more "commercial" than local to me...if that makes sense.

At Reece you still get that feeling that everything they have DID come off of their land and it wasnt trucked in...not to mention easier parking.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options

I think we're going to Hillcrest next weekend. It's near BJ Reese but I'm afraid to go to BJ Reese b/c of the groupon that they did the other week. They sold 4,800 packages for 2 or 4 people. That's a lot and I'm afraid they are going to be crazy busy the month of october. We're actually going to go to Burt's Pumpkin Farm first when they open at 9am then going to the apple place.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We just did BJ Reece this weekend and had a GREAT time!  Highly recommend it!  Actually we grabbed the groupon from a couple weeks ago and it worked out perfectly.  The kids loved everything but waiting in line for the apple canons.  But they did enjoy it once it was our turn.  They did run out of food which I thought was a bummer especially on a Sunday at 2pm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"