May 2011 Moms
Options

It's gonna be a rough holiday. (NBR, kind of)

Last year at this time I was battling morning sickness. The one good/awesome thing was that I couldn't bring myself to even look at anything sugary. I usually have a MAJOR sweet tooth. So the holidays where I usually have a really hard time not eating everything in sight (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas), I was spared and actually lost weight. Not because I was trying to, but because I had such a hard time trying to find anything I wanted to eat.

Now I'm not pregnant. My sweet tooth is back. And the Halloween candy is calling to me. And now even if I do eat something, I'm not growing a little person inside of me that will suck the fat off as I go. Crap. I'm actually going to have to try and use will power again. 

Re: It's gonna be a rough holiday. (NBR, kind of)

• Options

I buy playdough, pretzels and glow bracelets instead of candy for halloween--- just so I don't eat it all.

The little kids LOVE it--big kids hate me!

DS  Desmond Alexander 6.9.11

DD  Vivienne Elena   12.16.13

? EDD 3/29/2018

• Options

This is why I don't buy halloween candy until a day or two before.  

Last year we'd just moved to a new house and I thought we needed  TONS, we had 7 kids.  Now I won't have an excuse to buy 300 chocolate bars.... 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually wait much longer to buy it, but I wavered in the store this morning. :(
  • Options
    imageCanuckFan03:

This is why I don't buy halloween candy until a day or two before.  

Last year we'd just moved to a new house and I thought we needed  TONS, we had 7 kids.  Now I won't have an excuse to buy 300 chocolate bars.... 

THIS. 

Last year I bought about 70 bars though because we live in a quiet area. Cars drive really fast on our road, and there's no sidewalk/shoulder so not many people walk house to house.  We didn't have any trick-or-treaters at all, I was quite sad :(

Children should be seen, and heard, and believed. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I usually do not like chocolate (blasphemy, I know), but I always buy candy I do not like so I am not tempted to nibble.
  • Options
    imagesugarangel77:

I buy playdough, pretzels and glow bracelets instead of candy for halloween--- just so I don't eat it all.

The little kids LOVE it--big kids hate me!

Great idea! 

We usually go over to a friends house for Halloween and go ToTing with them.  The only candy we get is from DD's bag.  :)  And a bag of candy corn - it's a weakness.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"