School-Aged Children

s/o on bedtimes

How many hours a night are your kids sleeping and what are their ages?  I can't tell if DS needs less sleep this year or if he's just not on his school schedule yet.
DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12

Re: s/o on bedtimes

• Both kids have been sleeping a pretty solid 11 hours.   Usually they are around 10.5 hr sleepers.  I think they are still adjusting to the school year schedule (we just started last week) and they are still getting outside alot. 
    Cheryl, Evan 4.25.05, Paige 7.2.07
  • My 9 year old has never needed as much sleep as her peers (at all ages and stages). Her bed time is 9:30 pm. She usually can't fall asleep before 10. She wakes up at 7 am... sometimes earlier.

Newlyweds since 2007
  • Loading the player...
  • He's 6 and it's 11 hours, give or take.

DD is almost 4 and sleeps about the same - it's harder to total because some days she naps and some days she doesn't, but total is about 11, no matter what.  I feel like she needs less sleep than he does, in general though.

• They both get about 10.5 hours. I have a 5 and a 4 year old. My 4 year old takes a nap at preschool.
    -Sarah, Ryan 10.26.05 & Caleb 5.2.07 image
  • I think he was just having trouble adjusting (we've only been in school a week and a half).  He finally slept great last night! 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • DD is 11.  She gets about 9 hours of sleep a night, maybe more if she turns her light off instead of reading.

DS is 7.  He gets about 10 hours.  I'd like him to get 11, but we can't do it with our schedule.  He's pretty tired by the time Friday evening rolls around.  

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Ditto 11 hours - though the school schedule has screwed things up a bit, if my DD gets 11 we're good to go.

P.S. DD is 5 and a half.

Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • My 4 and 5.5 year old gets 11 hours of sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • #1 and #2 are 6 and 4  years old.  They get about 10-11 hours of sleep a night.

#3 is 21 months and sleeps about 11 hours a night. (plus she naps a couple hours a day)

• 6.5 y.o. - 9 or 9:30-7:30 usually. 

3.5 y.o. 9 or 9:30pm - 7:30 or 8 am.

They don't have to get up until 8am. 

• DD just dropped her nap over the summer. (Well, she dropped her weekday nap when we moved her from daycare to summer camp. She hasn't napped on weekends since she was 3ish.) She used to sleep exactly 10 hrs at night and then nap 2 hrs. We found that without a nap, she'll sleep about 11 hrs at night.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"