May 2011 Moms

Breastfeeding ladies

Are you still as famished as I am? I swear I eat more now than when I was pregnant.

What are you eating? I'm trying to fill up on better food so I don't need a nightly zebra cake haha.

right now my week day eating kind of looks like this..

breakfast - oatmeal or bagel with cream cheese with a coffee

lunch - dinner leftovers, or sandwich, yogurt and chips

snack - whatever we serve the kiddos at work plus a large coke

dinner - something with a lot of carbs usually whoops

night snack - ice cream or something bad for me..

I do get veggies usually in lunch or dinner but I am slacking since I went back to work.. Though cutting them up and eating them with hummus has become a new lunch. It sucks because I basically eat lunch at 1030-11 and then dont get a chance to eat again til 5 or 6.  It throws all my eating off.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Breastfeeding ladies

• I'm hungry, but not as hungry as when I was pregnant. I'm trying to get in plenty of dairy and vegis, but it is hard. this is my usual day.

breakfast- cereal with coconut milk or bagel with cream cheese and a latte

morning snack- granola bar

lunch- leftovers (like soup or rice w vegis and chicken) or a pita sandwich, carrots and crackers

afternoon snack- piece of fruit, cheese and crackers

dinner- try to do something healthy like fish and couscous and a vegi, but sometimes just a sandwich or tacos or whatever i can find (DH works second shift so its hard to really eat a normal dinner)

dessert- cookie (trying to bake something homemade on the weekends so at least my sugary treat isn't filled with preservatives) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • starving ALL. THE. TIME! And it seems the more I eat the more milk I make!

breakfast: bagel

snack: smoothie & string cheese

lunch: varies by what is in the hospital cafeteria, or bring my own.  Frequently pasta, chicken, soup, sandwich, or burger

snack: popcorn, goldfish, pineapple, or pistachios (I keep a snack drawer- I work long days!)

dinner: Tons of carbs- Pasta and bread most frequently, or chicken with rice, and I've been making those pasta dishes off pinterest lately...

snack: This is where the trouble is.... Icecream with peanutbutter on top, or oreos and milk/nutter butters, or bowl of cereal

I blame it also on the fact that I don't sleep much!  I'm up at 6 am, amd don't get to sleep until after my last pumping of the day 11:30 or midnight.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not as hungry as I was when I was pregnant, but I'm craving things more. Does that even make sense?

I usually have wheat toast for breakfast

Ham and cheese sandwich with carrot sticks, maybe an apple or chips for lunch

chips/yogurt/fruit for snack

(around 4 I lose it and grab the chocolate/ice cream)

dinner is variable, usually a big-ish meal.

almost always dessert.

I have such a sweet tooth now, it's not even funny. I know I take in waay too many of my calories in the form of sweets. My weight is staying the same, and I know that if I could even cut out just a couple of things I'd drop a few pounds... but I'm such an addict. :( 

• I am starving all the time! Basically, I'm eating every 2 hours at work.

1st breakfast (6am)- oatmeal w/ banana and coffee

2nd breakfast (8am) - usually hard-boiled egg or a donut when co-workers bring them in :(

snack - banana w/ peanut butter or strng cheese

lunch - leftovers from dinner or a deli sandwich

snack - chips

dinner - whatever MH cooks; usually pasta w/ veggies or meat w/ brown rice and steamed veggies

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have some days where I'm STARVING (like today) and other days where I could only eat one meal and not feel hungry.

I usually make oatmeal for breakfast with some kind of fruit + coffee or tea

Lunch is usually a left over from dinner the night before.  If no left overs then I'll make a sandwich (tuna is my fav, followed by turkey), salad, or enormous salad.

Dinner is usually a repeat of lunch.  Since DH isn't here right now I have no real need to cook large meals except for left overs.

And then let's not forget the snacks.  Sometimes a special K granola bar, fruit or... something bad like oreos.  Today has been an oreo snack kind of day!  No wonder this baby weight is difficult to lose, Stick out tongue 

• While I'm not as hungry as I was while pregnant, I am very hungry.

Breakfast (6 AM) - Oatmeal with golden raisins, cup of coffee.

Second breakfast (9 AM) - peaches or pears with cottage cheese.

Lunch (1 PM) - dinner leftovers or soup and a salad.

Snack - pack of cheese crackers.

Dinner (6 PM) - A lean meat with long grain wild rice and a mound of green veggies.

Snack - always something horrible for me...ice cream, dove chocolates, BBQ chips. 

Photobucket
  • This post is making me hungry :(
  • I eat quite a bit too.  I have three real meals, try to have a snack of Greek yogurt....then I always end up having 2-3 snacks of full junk!
  • imagepinkflipflops44:

Are you still as famished as I am? I swear I eat more now than when I was pregnant.

What are you eating? I'm trying to fill up on better food so I don't need a nightly zebra cake haha.

I do get veggies usually in lunch or dinner but I am slacking since I went back to work.. Though cutting them up and eating them with hummus has become a new lunch. It sucks because I basically eat lunch at 1030-11 and then dont get a chance to eat again til 5 or 6.  It throws all my eating off.

You need more protein!!  If I was eating that many carbs I would be hungry all the time too.

• I'm always hungry!

Here's a typical day:

Breakfast - Cereal with soy milk

Lunch - PB&J

Snack - Soy yogurt

Dinner - Tofu, Sauteed vegetables & rice

Snack - Apple and/or soy ice cream sandwich

• imageJessJ222:
    imagepinkflipflops44:

You need more protein!!  If I was eating that many carbs I would be hungry all the time too.

i eat protein every night at dinner and usually some at lunch too.

• Yup. Starving. All.the.time. 

I stay at home right now so I don't have a real schedule but I swear I make 15 trips an hour to the fridge, exactly like 3rd tri. I would say the only difference is that if I didn't eat then, I'd feel horrible, whereas I don't think I actually need the (ALL) the food now. I guess I'm eating the wrong things, though hummous and veggies or baked pita chips, yogurt, fruit and cottage cheese, etc. are my usual go to snacks, I'm sure I could add more veggies. 

I just wish this also translated into more weight loss...still about 16 lbs to go...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It's crazy to me because I was never really hungry/craving things while pregnant but now I'm famished.  It does help when i eat a bagel it keeps me full longer.  However, it sucks having to eat lunch so early with such a long time between that and dinner.  Maybe after I get my work stuff under control I can figure out a better plan than eating lunch at 1030.
  • i am also starving all day long.  my problem has been when DD gets up in the early morning...my stomach growls while nursing.  so, i get my snack shack (as DH calls it) ready before bed so i have something to munch on.  it's usually a nutri grain bar, fruit and nut bar or some applesauce.  every now and then i buy those hostess mini muffins...they are so good but i'm sure so bad for me.

typical day of a breastfeeding sahm...

breakfast - oatmeal with either blueberries and brown sugar or 2 tsps nutella mixed in.  cup of coffee with a little bit of sweet cream creamer.  "hello sugar".

lunch - leftovers, a pb and jelly sandwich or a subway club (rare with the stay home budget) with chips and carrots.  bottled water for the rest of the day.

snack - yogurt, a piece of fruit or a caprese salad (tomato, basil, mozzarella.)

dinner - pasta, salad and bread, meat and a veggie, tacos, rice and beans...

dessert - ice cream, or something chocolate.  i try not to have dessert every night.  sometimes i'll have more fruit.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am always hungry (not starving) and I really struggle to feel satiated. DH and I will eat the same sized meal and I always have to keep adding to it to feel full... Or if I tell DH "I'm hungry", that means I have 10 minutes to decide and start working towards food. If I have to say "No, seriously, I'm really hungry", then I am past the point of being able to make a decision and he needs to help me put food in front of my face, haha.

I drink about 60-100oz of water a day and eat:

breakfast around 10-11a: oatmeal, or a bagel with cream cheese from a local place (I <3 nyc!), usually but not always a coffee. rarely I will buy jimmy dean's breakfast sandwiches to keep in the freezer (egg, cheese, sausage, biscuit things). I never eat cold cereal.

lunch around 3-5p: soup, lean cuisine, or leftovers. I miss this meal more often then not, if DD and I are out of the house or she is napping on me or having a meltdown.

dinner around 7-8p: whatever i'm making with DH. tonight was sloppy joes and baked beans. tomorrow is chicken alfredo (chicken, pasta, broccoli, sauce). usually some sort of protein/carb/veggie combo.

snacks at 10p: yogurt and junk food (pop corn, HoHos, chips, candy)

looking at this I have a severe lack of fruit and probably don't eat enough, yet my weight hasn't really budged. ugh.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am WAY more hungry now than I was when I was pregnant. If I don't eat every few hours, I feel dizzy and sick to my stomach. I also feel dehydrated constantly.

Here is my typical day: 

breakfast - eggs & toast if DH fixes it, otherwise a bagel & cream cheese, OJ, coffee

snack - granola bar. Or two.

lunch - leftovers or deli sandwich of some sort

snack - frozen yogurt w/ lots of bad-for-me toppings + fruit

sometimes I eat some cheese and crackers in here too

dinner - whatever DH fixes or brings home, usually some variation of chicken, starch, and veggies or burgers or pizza. I eat as much as him now, it seems

dessert - some sort of junk food

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am starving!!!

I definitely eat more than when pregnant. 

• I definitely eat more than when I was pregnant. I had to up the amount of food I bring to work each day because I was starving by the afternoon most of last week. I do notice that when I don't eat enough my supply dips a little.

Here's a sample of my M-F diet:

Snack in the car: Granola bar

Breakfast: Bagel and fruit

Lunch: Salad and last night's leftovers

Snack: Crackers

Dinner: Meat, veggie, rice or pasta, green salad

Dessert: Chocolate of some kind and a beer once DD is in bed

DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• Hm, this makes me wonder if there's something wrong with me because I'm back to my pre-pregnancy appetite, which is almost non-existent. I'm not hungry and I don't even feel like I enjoy food in general. I'm known for getting full with a piece of bread at a restaurant (you know how they serve bread when they waiter comes to your table?) and I'm back to that. Huh?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"