Georgia Babies
Options

Need help

Does anyone have any ideas for a gift for parent's 25th anniversary?  My mind is drawing a blank, and I cannot come up with anything that isn't cheesy.

Thanks!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need help

• Options
    I love photos so I think you can't go wrong with pictures for parents.  Do you have siblings?  If so, could you arrange to have some photos taken of your families together?  Or, if you think they'd like it you could arrange a photo session of you and your family and your sibling(s) and your parents together.
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Options

My folks always go on a weekly date to the Varsity. So we threw them a surprise party at the Varsity for their 25th. We just took over one of the front rooms (there's no booking or fees), brought balloons, champagne and cake and went to town. It was awesome and they were so surprised. I think we had 30 people there. Everyone bought their own hamburgers and hot dogs, so it was low-cost too.

With taking spaces in the Varsity, they only ask that you don't ask people to leave. We didn't have a problem with that. As soon as people saw us setting up for a party, they left the room.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Do your parents keep in touch with old friends? I wrote about 10 of my Mom's close friends and some relatives and asked if they'd send me a card directly, with any photos they might want to share, and a story or sentiment. I put it all in a scrapbook for her birthday and she cried.

Would work great for an anniversary too. Maybe write everyone who was in their wedding to share what they remember? See if you can find a picture of the church online and create a trivia list of important things that happened that day in history. Maybe order a small cake that looks like their wedding cake.

TheCreativeHomestead.com

• Options
    I was going to say if you could find an old photo of them and have it restored and framed, that would be a nice gift. Also, to me, a gift certificate to a really nice restaurant is always a nice gift.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"